Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows can not start.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MrBanana

MrBanana

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 11:00 AM

Good evening.

I recently changed several pc components and I already expected to have to use the windows recovery to solve driver problems, but windows recovery can't do anything. I checked the windows recovery log, and it said that that it couldn't check the file system and gave the 0x490 error. I went to the advanced settings to use the command prompt and inserted sfc /scannow. It said I had to restart windows and start sfc again.

I inserted a windows all in one  disc and the windows installation didn't even start. It went to windows boot manager and told me to insert the right disc and go to "repair your pc".

Also pointed out these information:

\windows\ystem32\boot\winload.efistatus: 0xc000000f The selected entry can not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

I insert windows 7 ultimate on my NTFS usb through rufus. My OS doesn't appear on the list. I try installing the SATA controller drivers from the motherboard drivers disc, then select the autorun file - the only kind of "installation information" file there was; it gave me an error saying that the specified position doesn't contain any information on the hardware.

I can go ahead anyway. I start windows recovery and when it finishes it says that if everything went right windows will start, otherwise the computer will start the windows recovery again. Obviously, my computer always boots on the usb stick. I checked the windows recovery log, and it says that the partition list doesn't have a valid partition and that it restored the partition list. I checked on the seagate website and there aren't any drivers for hard disks, only drivers for Sata controllers, that are part of the motherboard drivers... That I can't install! What do I do now?

My components are:

Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P/Rev 2.0 sMotherboard

Cougar - VTX 80 Plus Bronze Power Supply

GT 1030 video card

CPU athlon II 245

Hard disk Seagate barracua 7200

I apologize for any grammar mistakes as I'm still learning english :blush:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 839 posts