Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quick Revo Uninstaller Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KrazyMonkey

KrazyMonkey

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:44 AM

Hi, i'm trying to remove a program with Revo. do you uninstall everything it finds in the scan or just the ones that are black

y0NwOiK.jpg

Thanks for any help

edit: title should say Uninstaller

Edited by KrazyMonkey, 13 October 2018 - 10:46 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,860 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:28 PM

If you're trying to remove, in this example, Freemake if you check the checkbox at the highest level all subkeys will be selected.  This is generally what one wants to do.

You certainly don't ever check anything higher in the tree than the thing you wish to purge, and in the partial screen shot that's shown in red as a warning.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

#3 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,625 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 14 October 2018 - 06:43 PM

Hi KrazyMonkey,

Your post caught my eye as I have used Revo Uninstaller (Free) for a long time.

Note: The only time that I use Revo Uninstaller is when I am 1000% certain I want to remove an application from my system. Once I start the first uninstall function, complete a full scan and and receive the Found leftover Registry items screen, I Select All then the Delete button next to it. I want all traces of the application removed from my computer.

BC-Revo-Uninstaller.jpg

When the next screen pops up, I also select all and then delete.

In the case of using Revo Uninstaller where you have determined 1000% that you no longer want a particular application, removing the final traces from the registry and program files is a part of the process. ** Mind you, after you perform the last scan function, you can cancel any further steps, look at the bottom right of the window for the button.

**This is based on my personal experience from using Revo Uninstaller for years, it's a great program.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users