Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Linux Gaming: Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Agent_Orange

Agent_Orange

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 13 October 2018 - 07:25 AM

Hello all, I could not see a post about this new game (or any other games in the Linux forum for that matter?) so thought to bring people's attention to it with this post.

The game was released a couple of weeks ago, and of course, is available for Linux.

I purchased a copy and have played approximately 10-15 hours of the game (until my desktop disappeared). I am impressed and can recommend it to anyone who enjoys fantasy role-playing games and/or is familiar with Dungeons & Dragons and/or Pathfinder. It does have quite a steep learning curve, for those who are not familiar with Pathfinder or Dungeons & Dragons it can difficult to understand. Anyway, here a couple of links for you to check the game out for yourselves:

https://owlcatgames.com/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/6408 ... Kingmaker/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mike_Walsh

Mike_Walsh

Bleepin' 'Puppy' nut..!!

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:21 AM

I must be considered 'odd' by the majority.

Never really understood the hours & hours some folks seem to 'waste' on stuff like this. The last time I played any sort of computer game was on a mate's PS/2 back around 2000; one of the early 'Driver' games, IIRC. Messed around with it for a few days, then thought, 'Ah, to hell with this crap...'

Having said which, I spend a lot of time in some of my many graphics & multimedia apps, designing, building, working on stuff. Like as not others would consider that time totally 'wasted'. At least I have something to show for it at the end of the day..!

Still; to each their own. We all have different likes/dislikes.....it takes all sorts to make the world go round. I will say, however, that there can't be too many people who come to Linux with the primary intention of using it as a gaming platform. It still doesn't have that kind of support.....and probably never will, TBH.

Mike. :wink:

Edited by Mike_Walsh, 14 October 2018 - 10:28 AM.

Distros:- Multiple 'Puppies'..... and Anti-X 16.1

My Puppy BLOG ~~~  My Puppy PACKAGES

Compaq Presario SR1916UK; Athlon64 X2 3800+, 3 GB RAM, WD 500GB Caviar 'Blue', 32GB Kingspec PATA SSD, 3 TB Seagate 'Expansion' external HDD, ATI Radeon Xpress 200 graphics, Dell 15.1" pNp monitor (1024 x 768), TP-Link PCI-e USB 3.0 card, Logitech c920 HD Pro webcam, self-powered 7-port USB 2.0 hub

Dell Inspiron 1100; 2.6 GHz 400FSB P4, 1.5 GB RAM, 64GB KingSpec IDE SSD, Intel 'Extreme' graphics, 1 TB Seagate 'Expansion' external HDD, M$ HD-3000 'Lifecam'.

KXhaWqy.gifFQ8nrJ3.gif

#3 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,556 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:45 PM

Looks good, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users