Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Doesn't Recognize Mouse Clicks

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 will939

will939

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:43 AM

So my computer starting acting weird a few days ago in which when i clicked on the windows logo nothing was happening, but pressing the windows button everything worked normally. Now it has progressed to me being unable to left or right click icons on the taskbar, the windows logo, icons in the start menu, or in default windows programs like display settings. It has not effected my ability to click in google chrome or desktop icons, as well as video games. I tried running malware bites but it doesn't let me click in that program either. I attempted to temperately disable it by running RKill but it was unable to find anything to turn off. When trying to play a game I clicked on the desktop icon which lead me to a launch screen. I was only able to launch the game if i managed to click the play button on the launcher immediately after it appear or else the program would be frozen. Inside the video game i have had no issue for hours and the same goes for chrome. When i restart my computer it seems to sometimes solve the problem for a few seconds and sometimes it doesn't. 

Could this possibly be a hardware issue? My computer is around 4+ years at this point and has had some hardware issues in the past, most notably i have a suspicion the fan is on its last leg. And the speaker sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users