Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Got a BSoD and now startup is super slow

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jarki714

jarki714

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:46 PM

Greetings, I just found out this forum trying to figure what's happening to my PC on startup.

About a week ago my Laptop ramndomly crashed and i got a BSoD, but i was AFK so i wasn't able to check what happened and i didn't really thought it would be a big deal since it restarted and was apparently fine, the next boot i noticed that it became really slow on startup, i couldn't do anything for like the first 10 minutes after desktop shows, there wasan't even any icons on the desktop and i couldn't even start task manager. After a few more minutes it starts loading stuff on the desktop and task manager is available but everything is going really slow, i can notice system interrupt process taking 100% for a few seconds of CPU but i think this is normal right? also my antivirus BitDefender is taking a lot of disc usage for 15 to 20 minutes which makes everything worse but this i was used to before the BSoD. I think the BSoD poped after updating malwarebytes so i uninstalled it but nothing changed. I hope you can help me.

I don't know if its relevant but windows updated yesterday and the problem persists

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

Speccy snapchat:

Edit: Just completed 3 passes of memory diagnose from this page http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

Edit 2: completed the Long generic HDD check and passed too.

Edited by jarki714, 12 October 2018 - 04:28 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 badtoad

badtoad

• Members
  • 181 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:41 PM

Are you on build 1803 or 1809?

#3 jarki714

jarki714
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:30 PM

#4 dmccoy

dmccoy

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 986 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:04 PM

Please follow the instructions in the link below. Make sure to perform the hardware diagnostics shown below as well while waiting for a reply.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Disable the following options if you are using CCleaner or other similar cleaning tools
• Memory Dumps
• Windows Log Files
• Windows Error Reporting

Hardware Diagnostics:
http://www.carrona.org/memdiag.html (read the details at the link)
http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html (read the details at the link) - Test ALL of the hard drives.)

We are all volunteers so please by kind, courteous and respectful of all staff and members

I try to respond in 24-48 hours normally and I am more active on weekdays than weekends. However, sometimes due to my health, family or life it may take me a little longer. If you have not heard from me within 72 hours then please PM me a reminder. 

BC BSOD Posting Instructions 

#5 jarki714

jarki714
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:39 AM

I just realized that the sysnative file diidn't attached correctly to the post.....  Here it is

https://mega.nz/#!K8wgkaaD!icJ8vjRzvtoI5s1NSuXTYIsED9BFwBZD84bdfuebbtQ

Uploaded to Mega because i didn't knew how to put it on the reply

Edited by jarki714, 12 October 2018 - 05:27 AM.

#6 dmccoy

dmccoy

• 986 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:29 PM

Date: 2018-10-06T19:55:46.109
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x000000ef (0xffffb0005e3d5080, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 0ad79b87-0a86-4f7f-b166-8f9b3ad415ed.

The error log shows the system performed a bugcheck 0x0ef critical process died. Check to see if you have a dump file in C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP.. If so compress to a .zip file and upload to your reply or if to large use a file sharing site

Also make sure you perform the hardware tests mentioned above.

Then perform the following:

Click on Start menu
Type command to start searching 
Right click on command prompt in list and select Run Administrator
how-to-open-an-elevated-command-prompt
Copy and Paste each the commands below into the command prompt and press Enter key

1. sfc /scannow

2. (Windows 8 or higher)
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

If any Errors are found with sfc /scannow then:
Copy and Paste the following command, and press ENTER:
copy %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\CBS.txt"

This will copy CBS.txt to your desktop
Upload CBS.txt file 
(if it is to large then compress to a .zip file and/or use file sharing site and provide the link)

Edited by dmccoy, 13 October 2018 - 08:30 PM.

We are all volunteers so please by kind, courteous and respectful of all staff and members

I try to respond in 24-48 hours normally and I am more active on weekdays than weekends. However, sometimes due to my health, family or life it may take me a little longer. If you have not heard from me within 72 hours then please PM me a reminder. 

#7 dmccoy

dmccoy

• 986 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:32 PM

I missed that you performed the memory and hard drive above. I would like you to perform the following stress test next.

Step 3: Stress Test Your CPU - Prime 95
http://www.playtool.com/pages/prime95/prime95.html

- extract the contents of the zip file to a location of your choice
- double click on the executable file
- select "Just stress testing"
- select the "Blend" test. (run all 3 if you find a problem and note how long it takes to error out with each)
- "Number of torture test threads to run" should equal the number of CPU's times 2 (if you're using hyperthreading).

The easiest way to figure this out is to go to Task Manager...Performance tab - and see the number of boxes under CPU Usage History

Then run the test for 6 to 24 hours - or until you get errors (whichever comes first).
Monitor the CPU temperature and DON'T let it exceed 85ºC. If it does, then you probably have a CPU cooling problem. This won't necessarily crash the system - but check the output in the test window for errors.
The Test selection box and the stress.txt file describes what components that the program stresses.

#8 jarki714

jarki714
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted Yesterday, 02:30 AM

There's no MEMORY.dmp file on the windows folder. I'll run the prime 95 after work. Thanks for the help so far

Edit:

I ran the prime95 cpu test for 7 and a half hours, the average temp was 65 celsius (i left the fan at 100% the whole time because i was afraid of some overheating since its a laptop) the program found no errors on any thread and there were no warnings either.

Edited by jarki714, Yesterday, 10:14 AM.

#9 dmccoy

dmccoy

• 986 posts
  •  

Posted Yesterday, 11:49 AM

Okay let's see if Driver Verifier might provide some help.

Please follow the Driver Verifier steps below to see if it will flag any third party drivers or provide more information:
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576333/driver-verifier-bsod-related-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users