Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't install updates

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 333nnn

333nnn

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:05 PM

I use Windows 8.1 64 bit.  I regularly get notices that say that I need to go to Updates to manually update Windows.  When  I go to "Update and Recovery" and click "Install" I get an error saying that updates failed to install.  When I run the Windows Update Troubleshooter it says that it fixed the update problem, and after running Update Troubleshooter and clicking "Install" in "Update and Recovery" it will begin installing but does not complete the installation.  I use WiFi that is not entirely reliable, but I am able to download programs, videos, etc. consistently.

I have updates set to install automatically, so why do I get notices saying that I need to go to "Update and Recovery" to manually install updates?  When shutting down my computer I regularly get the "Update and Restart" and "Update and Shutdown" options.  When I choose one of these the computer seems to update successfully.  I looked at my recent update history and some have installed successfully and others have not.  Thanks for any replies.    

Edited by 333nnn, 11 October 2018 - 01:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users