Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Feature update service YFD -Help

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Zil99

Zil99

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:47 PM

Hello! lately, I have uninstalled way too many viruses from my laptop, through Malwarebytes and CCleaner, I actually don't know a lot about antiviruses so i quick googled some and installed these two to help me, and to be frank they have helped me and seem decent. suggest any other protecting program if you know any better, cheers! (If it is free, as I don't have any baking account)

Coming to my actual problem, i was going through my program registry and saw this program "Feature Update Service (YFD)" so i searched it and got to know it's of no use and is sort of a virus. I really want to get rid of it but when i try to uninstall it, a dialogue box appears saying "The system cannot find the file specified" Help me get rid of it as Malwarebytes and Ccleaner aren't helping. 

Thanks a lot. I know I have written a lot of crapy detail, it's my 1st time asking question so please go easy and HELP ME. THANK YOU! :thumbup2:

Edited by hamluis, 11 October 2018 - 07:57 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to AV/AM Software -- Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zil99

Zil99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:58 PM

Hello! lately, I have uninstalled way too many viruses from my laptop, through Malwarebytes and CCleaner, I actually don't know a lot about antiviruses so i quick googled some and installed these two to help me, and to be frank they have helped me and seem decent. suggest any other protecting program if you know any better, cheers! (If it is free, as I don't have any baking account)

Coming to my actual problem, i was going through my program registry and saw this program "Feature Update Service (YFD)" so i searched it and got to know it's of no use and is sort of a virus. I really want to get rid of it but when i try to uninstall it, a dialogue box appears saying "The system cannot find the file specified" Help me get rid of it as Malwarebytes and Ccleaner aren't helping. 

Thanks a lot. I know I have written a lot of crapy detail, it's my 1st time asking question so please go easy and HELP ME. THANK YOU! :thumbup2:

I am running Windows 7 64bit

Thanks

#3 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 10 October 2018 - 09:21 PM

What antivirus program are you running? MalwareBytes is not an antivirus program in the true sense of the word. And cCleaner is neither an antimalware or antivirus program.

Regarding Feature Update Service YFD....Read here: https://www.shouldiremoveit.com/Feature-Update-Service-YFD-118731-program.aspx

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

#4 Zil99

Zil99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:06 PM

Thanks for replying. I have "360 total security" as an anti-virus but every time I scan my computer it says the scan failed. Can you suggest me a better program? 

and i read this article it says to download "Should I Remove It" program and use it to eliminate the threat but i can not download it, the web says that downloading is temporarily blocked. Help me, please.

Thanks for replying. :D

What antivirus program are you running? MalwareBytes is not an antivirus program in the true sense of the word. And cCleaner is neither an antimalware or antivirus program.

Regarding Feature Update Service YFD....Read here: https://www.shouldiremoveit.com/Feature-Update-Service-YFD-118731-program.aspx

#5 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:13 PM

Navigate to: "C:\Program Files\YourFileDownloader Updater\uninstall.exe"

If [probably not] it's there try the uninstall.exe file.

"Should I Remove It" is also available here: https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/should_i_remove_it.html

Use one of the download source links from Major Geeks. Tested & it's working.

As to 360 Total Security, I am not able to advise [never used it] other than to reinstall. When I ran Win 7 my antivirus programs of choice were Panda free or Kaspersky Premium. Someone else here may offer assistance with your 360.

Hopefully you have not used the Registry Clean feature of cCleaner. You can end up creating additional problems by using it.

If you continue having issues, you can request to have your topic moved to the 'Am I Infected' section

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:51 PM

Were you looking in Apps & features in Windows 10 (Programs and Features) or actually looking through Windows registry? If the latter, it may be a remnant of a program previously removed.

You can try using a third-party utility like Revo Uninstaller Free or Portable and follow these instructions for using it. Revo provides a listing of all installed software by installation date and when removing a program, Revo does a more comprehensive job of searching for and removing related registry entries, files and folders.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#7 Zil99

Zil99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 11:38 AM

"Should I Remove It" is also available here: https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/should_i_remove_it.html

As to 360 Total Security, I am not able to advise [never used it] other than to reinstall. When I ran Win 7 my antivirus programs of choice were Panda free or Kaspersky Premium. Someone else here may offer assistance with your 360.

Hopefully you have not used the Registry Clean feature of cCleaner. You can end up creating additional problems by using it.

If you continue having issues, you can request to have your topic moved to the 'Am I Infected' section

Thanks for replying.

I have removed 360 now and I decided to go with Panda free as you have already used it and it might be good as it was a program of your choice. 

I have downloaded Should I Remove It from your specified link, thanks for that, and I also went for their antivirus type program, called, "Reason Core Security" the description says it's a must-have-with-antivirus program. 

And as for cCleaner registry cleaning, I have already used it as I saw a youtube video and the guy did it for  miscellaneous files removal and as for now there are no issues, yet. 

#8 Zil99

Zil99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:33 PM

Were you looking in Apps & features in Windows 10 (Programs and Features) or actually looking through Windows registry? If the latter, it may be a remnant of a program previously removed.

You can try using a third-party utility like Revo Uninstaller Free or Portable and follow these instructions for using it. Revo provides a listing of all installed software by installation date and when removing a program, Revo does a more comprehensive job of searching for and removing related registry entries, files and folders.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion, I have downloaded should I Remove It program, which has the same task as of Revo Uninstaller, but I'm also downloading Revo so that i can remove programs that can't be removed via Should I Remove It. 

And, yes, I went through the windows 7 uninstall a program and saw these programs there and quick google gave me the idea that these are viruses/harmful programs. 

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:45 PM

You have to be careful when conducting searches on the Internet as there is a lot of useless and misinformation out there especially in regards to malware and malware removal guides. When performing search queries, always check multiple sources to confirm the information provided is safe, consistent and from trustworthy web sites.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#10 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 07:26 PM

I have removed 360 now and I decided to go with Panda free as you have already used it and it might be good as it was a program of your choice. 

I have downloaded Should I Remove It from your specified link, thanks for that, and I also went for their antivirus type program, called, "Reason Core Security" the description says it's a must-have-with-antivirus program.

I think you'll find Panda to be quite satisfactory. If not you can select another or return to 360.

As to  "Reason Core Security," PC Mag wasn't at all impressed...https://www.pcmag.com/review/354440/reason-core-security

Other site reviews are a bit dated. Myself I'd stick with Malwarebytes or use the free Emsisoft Antimalware.

Have a look here....https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/emsisoft-anti-malware/

And as often is the case, quietman7's advice is excellent.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users