Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With User Acounts Please

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 NeedssomHelp

NeedssomHelp

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 14 October 2006 - 11:14 PM

Currently, on my xp professional version, when someone logs on it shows the "old schoo" format where u must type in ur login name instead of just clicking on an icon that has ur name next to it, and fast account changing has been disabled, all of this due to the fact that "client Services are preventing me from it on NetWare" and I need to uninstall that, but i dont know what it is or how to find it. please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2006 - 11:28 PM

Is this computer part of a domain or network running Novell NetWare?

It is not part of Win XP Pro and had to be installed originally.

#3 NeedssomHelp

NeedssomHelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:59 PM

bump

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 17 October 2006 - 07:00 PM

"bump" only works if you answer the questions that are asked.

FWIW - the Novell netware is very different from the Windows netware. So it'll take someone familiar with it to give you advice.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2006 - 07:29 PM

Maybe the following Microsoft Knowledgebase article will help you:

Error Message When You Try to Turn On Welcome Screen or Fast User Switching

Client Service for Netware has disabled the Welcome Screen and Fast User Switching. To restore these features, you must uninstall Client Service for Netware.
CAUSE
The Client Service for Netware and the Novell Client are incompatible with the Welcome Screen and Fast User Switching.

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, follow these steps. NOTE: If you depend on accessing a Novell network and need the Client Service for Netware or the Novell Client, you cannot use the Welcome Screen or the Fast User Switching features of Windows XP.
1. If you are using the Novell Client, see the following the Novell support Web site for instructions about how to uninstall the service:
http://support.novell.com ( http://support.novell.com/)
2. If you are using Classic view in Control Panel, double-click Network Connections. If you are using Category view, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.
3. Right-click each connection that you have, and then click Properties each time.
4. On the General tab of each Local Area connection, highlight Client Service for Netware, and then click Uninstall.
5. In the Dial-up Connection Properties dialog box, click the Networking tab, highlight Client Service for Netware, and then click Uninstall.
6. Restart the computer.
7. Open Control Panel, and then double-click User Accounts.
8. Under Pick a task..., click Change the way users log on or off.
9. Click to select the logon and logoff options that you want: Use the Welcome Screen or Use Fast User Switching.
Back to the top Back to the top
MORE INFORMATION
For additional information about Fast User Switching, click the article numbers below to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
294737 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/294737/EN-US/) Architecture of Fast User Switching
The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.

Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

APPLIES TO
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315347/en-us

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users