Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking to buy a printer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 csigsrfan

csigsrfan

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 07 October 2018 - 06:38 PM

I am trying to find a printer that uses 02 ink as I have some left over from when I brought the ink before and do not want to waste that money. Also looking for one that if I print from a tablet will not make my pictures larger then the photo paper sizes. Does anyone know of any good printers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 08 October 2018 - 07:57 AM

I don't know what you mean by "02" ink, but I assume you mean an inkjet printer, as opposed to a laser or drum printer. Trying to match ink cartridges between different printers, or even different models of the same-name printers, is impossible. These manufacturers deliberately change the carts so you must purchase new ink carts when you buy the printer. That is why I buy only what I immediately need, because if my printer fails I won't be stuck with a drawer full of expensive ink carts the will not fit anything else.

When you print and want to choose the size of the print, you will need a good picture editing program to do that. Some printers come with software that will let you do that, or you can use a bitmap editor such as Photoshop. A good free one is open source, Gimp. Another free easier to understand one is FastStone Image Viewer.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 csigsrfan

csigsrfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:36 PM

I did buy only what I need but the it start printing green as black so I have two good blacks and most of the other colors are still full

I print a 4x6 and it will crop it to be bigger say I have the following

Dad you are the best

You take me to races

and so on when I print from the tablet I would only get

you are the

take me to

#4 csigsrfan

csigsrfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:07 AM

I am looking for an hp printer as I have had good luck with the one I have until the green and not black started happening

#5 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:10 AM

Your problem is one of the following:

>  Your inkjet cartridges have clogged heads and need cleaning/replacing.

>  Delete and reinstall the printer drivers from the CD that came with your printer originally.

>  If you have no help from the above two suggestions, replace your printer.

Today printers are cheap; the company makes big money from selling the ink at stupidly inflated prices.

Your image size problem: read my first post carefully. You need an image editing program that will enable you to fit the size of the image to the size of the paper you are using. Most free image viewing programs will let you print only in predetermined sizes, which may be too large or too small for the size of paper you are using.

Edited by ranchhand_, 12 October 2018 - 09:13 AM.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#6 csigsrfan

csigsrfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:48 AM

I do not need a image software. it will do that no matter what

#7 svim

svim

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:21 PM

I do not need a image software. it will do that no matter what

Well actually you do need some kind of imaging software, you need to either manually scale down your images accordingly so they actually fit within the paper size dimensions or invest in a higher-end printer that will auto-scale images on the fly. But whatever the case it's not going to be done for you magically.

As others have mentioned, unless you buy the same model printer as what you had, the odds are those ink cartridges you have stockpiled are no longer useful. If budget is a major factor, look into getting a laser printer. Per page costs are much cheaper, so while it appears to cost more up front over the long term you actually save money. But that's all relative. If you use your printer a lot (daily or a few times a week) than a laser printer will be a better option. If you only print stuff on occasion when needed (sometimes weekly or monthly) than you might be better off with an ink jet. One thing about a lot of ink jet printers that isn't an issue with a laser printer is if you leave them idle for weeks at a time the ink may dry and clog transfer tubes so you need to flush and re-prime the printer to use it again. But again it's all relative to your individual use case.

#8 csigsrfan

csigsrfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 02:00 PM

That is not the issue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users