Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does this build work?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 blank_apple

blank_apple

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 07 October 2018 - 04:23 AM

Is there anything dumb i have on the high-end pc build im going to do.

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA RGB Mid-Tower Tempered Glass Gaming Case  Power Supply RMi Series™ RM650i — 650 Watt 80 PLUS® Gold Certified Fully Modular PSU CPU Core i7 8700K MotherBoard ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G 1151 DDR4 S-ATA 600 Micro ATX Gaming Socket  GPU Evega Geforce GTX 1070 SC RAM VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Memory Kit Cooler  Corsair CW-9060031-WW Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Liquid CPU Cooler

Edited by hamluis, 07 October 2018 - 08:08 AM.
Moved from Buying New to System Building - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,218 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 07 October 2018 - 08:40 AM

You are fine, I mean there are better cases out there than the spec alpha for around the same price and one or two good cases that are cheaper but otherwise you are fine.

I am guessing you want the spec alpha for its rather gamer style looks, tempered glass and RGB capability?

Even Corsair has some better options in that price range such as the spec 06 and the 275R

I only mention those as i am aware that the spec alpha has rather right space and it has caused some grief in terms of cable management.

A first time builder should be a tad more conservative, I mean yes its nice to have a cool gaming case with tempered glass and flashy lights but sometimes practicality is better.

Also i take it this is just going to be a gamer build? Because if you are going to do both gaming and video editing the Ryzen 5 2600/2600X and Ryzen 7 2700/2700X may be a better option.

I mean not much can beat the 8700K when it comes to gaming but if you are going to do video editing the ryzen series is not a bad option, you may loose a few FPS but the 2700X is cheaper and you dont need a high end motherboard to overclock with ryzen.

Edited by MadmanRB, 07 October 2018 - 08:49 AM.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

#3 blank_apple

blank_apple
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 07 October 2018 - 10:00 AM

ok thx  yh im only doing gaming so its ok thx .

#4 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,218 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 07 October 2018 - 10:24 AM

Thats fine, I was just asking what you were doing as you could change a few parts and save some money to devote to other parts.

Such as a SSD and such as you make no mention if you have hard drives prepared or not.

I mean you could lose that RGB RAM, sure it may look pretty but the cost of the RGB is something that would be better invested somewhere else.

You could save some money by getting say a pair of G.Skill Ripjaws which even though doesnt have RGB will still do the same job.

Same thing with that cooler, as you also have to keep in mind what will fit in your case.

the 240MM version of the H150i should fit though but ditching RGB would save some money there too

You could get a cheaper cooler, the cooler master masterliquid is actually very good if you want liquid cooler on a budget, it may not have the same cooling performance but is still a great value if you want a good AIO.

Remember to never choose form over function, first time builders sometimes go for the bling but never for the bang and sometimes that leads to spending money on something you dont need.

Plus you still didnt factor money in for your windows licence, if you want windows 10 pro it will cost you unless you go gray market.

You really didnt mention your budget but guessing you have such high end parts in mind I can gather money is not an issue but even if you have loads of funds sometimes financial planning does pay off.

I mean you will still need windows, plus possibly games to play if you are new to PC gaming.

Not to mention if you have hard drives or not.

For all I know you do all your internet browsing on a cheap android or even a iphone

Edited by MadmanRB, 07 October 2018 - 10:33 AM.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users