Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firewall with HTTPS Sniffer/Blocker

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nzyme

Nzyme

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 06 October 2018 - 11:47 AM

Hi there, I would like to know if there are any private firewall software for home that can sniff HTTPS traffic and show the URLs Additionally, I would like the software to be able to block the URL. AFAIK, I think there is only one software (NetPeeker) that is currently able to do this.

I need something like HTTP Debugger / IEInspector HTTP Analyzer with URL blocking capability..

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,688 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 06 October 2018 - 05:11 PM

A useful stand alone HTTP debugger:

https://www.telerik.com/fiddler

How Can I Reduce My Risk to Malware?

#3 Nzyme

Nzyme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2018 - 12:19 AM

Can Fiddler block URLs intercepted and prevent them from making connections later?

#4 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,688 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2018 - 10:44 AM

It can block URL's but I think there are better and easier solutions for URL blocking than using Fiddler.

#5 Nzyme

Nzyme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:10 AM

It can block URL's but I think there are better and easier solutions for URL blocking than using Fiddler.

Can you give me some other solutions? Note that I am referring to system wide blocking and not just browser? I would like to view the HTTP(S) requests (URLs) and would like to block them. Thank you!

#6 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,688 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:25 PM

The better and easier solutions I meant were at the browser level by using addons and extensions. These can also be useful for getting the URL.

Does your router support URL blocking? You could load that up.

Another option might be a DNS service that offers web content filtering.

#7 Nzyme

Nzyme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2018 - 08:48 AM

The better and easier solutions I meant were at the browser level by using addons and extensions. These can also be useful for getting the URL.

Does your router support URL blocking? You could load that up.

Another option might be a DNS service that offers web content filtering.

Thanks. As I mentioned earlier, I am referring to a system wide monitor/blocking. Something like AdGuard (which has a log monitor and also ability to block the individual connections/URLs). I can block URLs in my router firmware but will have to add one by one each URL (which is very time consuming). I am looking for a firewall software that will sniff and show all the requests (incoming/outgoing) from my PC in the format shown below (URLs) with the ability to block them.

0.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users