Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Excel

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Constantine

Constantine

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 14 October 2006 - 07:45 PM

I use some basic spread sheets in my work. As the columns get longer I can no longer see the column headings and this makes my life difficult. Is it possible to work at the bottom of a column but have the heading always visible? Can any one direct me to a tutorial or how to site that might teach me to do this?

Regards
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 14 October 2006 - 09:50 PM

Try using Split Screen L@@K
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2006 - 10:04 PM

No need for a tutorial. Split is it. Example:
Let's say you have heading row(s) and/or columns(s). Put the cursor right under and a column over where they intersect.
Main menu - Windows - Split
So if you have headings in columns A and B, and rows 1,2,3, before the split, make sure the cursor is in cell C4.

Edited by tos226, 14 October 2006 - 10:05 PM.

#4 Constantine

Constantine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 14 October 2006 - 11:07 PM

Thank you both,

My problem is resolved
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

#5 lindaandgraham

lindaandgraham

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2006 - 01:30 PM

another way is to Freeze panes, (Window drop down menu/freeze panes)

Make sure you are in the cell down & to the right of where you want to freeze your panes.

IE: If you have headers in row 1 & headers in column A, then you want to be in cell b2 & then select freeze panes. You can now scroll thru the entire worksheet & Row 1 & Column A will always be locked.

To remove the Freeze, click on window & unfreeze panes.

Best of luck

Linda
Microsoft office certified in Access & Excel

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,109 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2006 - 01:59 PM

Oh that's a great tip lindaandgraham, Thanks for the post..
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users