Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Macros

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Constantine

Constantine

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 14 October 2006 - 07:42 PM

I am trying to teach myself more about Office applications. I particularly want to learn how to create macros. Can anyone suggest a good beginners tutorial or how to guide? When it comes to macros, I am starting from a knowledge base of zero.
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 14 October 2006 - 10:13 PM

Tools, Macros is your friend.
Start by recording macros (see Help) for few simple things like entering values, formulas, changing colors of cells or ranges of cells.

Enable your VBA toolbar (View - check Visual Basic toolbar).
Go to VBA and see what it coded for you.
Change few things. What's the effect?
Go back and forth a bit, and you'll get there quicker than reading books. That said, in my opinion nothing beats O'Reilly books or Microsoft's own.

VBA has Help screens (press F1 over any keyword).

Once you get the drift, next step is to quickly get away from the way VBA codes exact cell addresses and move on to being able to do what you code anyplace, anysheet, any workbook.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 14 October 2006 - 10:57 PM

Tutorial on Macros:
http://nemerle.org/Macros

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users