Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Having Problems With New Dell Computer

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Shan625

Shan625

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 14 October 2006 - 05:52 PM

Hey guys,

I am new to the forum... I had to buy me a new computer 'cause my old one died. I bought a dell computer
Dimension E510. My brother set it up and everything, turned it on... it will turn on, but the screen
is all fuzzy, and can't see anything. I have been waiting for my brother or my dad to fix it...
But I am tired of waiting... :thumbsup: anyway, is this fixable, or would I have to return it?

Thanks! ~Shannon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 14 October 2006 - 06:51 PM

"screen is all fuzzy".

Personally, I'd take the whole/entire system back and exchange it.
It might take some time to sort out the "fuzzy" problem here.

I also would take the time to set it up myself to preclude problems.

One cannot always be sure of the source of the problem - bad equiptment, or an error in set up.
I'd blame bad equiptment to start. (?) Just to keep peace in the family.

Good Luck.

Edited by KoanYorel, 14 October 2006 - 06:53 PM.

The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 14 October 2006 - 06:52 PM

If the new monitor is an LCD, make sure that you are using the monitor's
default resolution. Using any other resolution will adversely affect the
image. For example: The default resolution for a 15" LCD is typically 1024 X
768 pixels.
Or,you could always give Dell a quick phone call.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2006 - 11:16 PM

Try this:

Dell PC Checkup
PC Checkup runs a comprehensive diagnostic scan to detect your computer's hardware and software configuration.

PC Checkup checks your computer for problems, privacy and security gaps, and performance downgrades, and helps you fix them

http://pccheckup.dellfix.com/rel/?randseed=0.797121894790003

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2006 - 09:22 AM

I've recently seen ads for Dell being able to fix your system remotely. Since it's a new system you may want to see if they'll do it for you.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 15 October 2006 - 10:10 AM

Shan625, I should have given you Dells' phone number in my first post...just incase the paper work got thrown out with the computer boxes.
Desktop and Notebook Customer Service & Tech Support; 1-800-847-4096.
I am in Canada,so hope this number works for you.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#7 DellCA

DellCA

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 03 November 2006 - 01:09 PM

Iím at Dell Headquarters in Austin, Texas and I wanted to add to this thread. If you've confirmed that you're using the proper cable and that the display is set to the correct resolution and it's still blurry the best thing to do is try another monitor. This way you can easily determine if it's the display or the video card/integrated graphics thatís causing the problem. If the problem is with the computer you may try updating the video drivers and failing that give us a call. If it's the screen that would be a replacement since there's isn't much to do with those in the way of troubleshooting. If contacting me at the email below please include my name in the subject line so the message is routed to me.

Neil
customer_advocate@dell.com
Round Rock REC

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2006 - 01:21 PM

Way cool! Does Dell have folks monitoring these boards on a regular basis - or is this just your way of contributing to the online community?

Either way, I applaud your efforts!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#9 DellCA

DellCA

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 07 November 2006 - 01:48 PM

We're out on forums like this trying to offer help where possible. It's too difficult to monitor everywhere so we can't catch everything but we post when we see an opportunity like this.

Edited by DellCA, 07 November 2006 - 01:50 PM.

#10 usasma

usasma

• 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2006 - 03:45 PM

Great! Thanks for being out here helping!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users