Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mozilla Freeze On Load Or No Load On Some Pages

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sailor Ripley

Sailor Ripley

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 14 October 2006 - 03:10 PM

Just started two-days-ago. Mozilla 1.5.0.7 and IE 6.0.2900. I did a system restore back for two weeks to no avail as "nothing changed."

Mozilla and IE, through Mozilla, either takes long to load or no load. If it does load does so without .gifs or some links. Some links are broken. Some will load the login page fine then freeze on the next page.

The perplexing part is that it affects only a few pages but not the whole site: my hompage, Nasdaq.com; ebay.com (after the login page), espn.com takes a while, 240 sec, to load then only partially load.

Network fine, signal strength fine, I've killed Symantec, no difference. Switched to Windows firewall, no difference. Killed Adblock, no diff. Ran Spyware Doc, nothing; NAV scan, nothing.

I'm lost. Anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance.

By the way, "It's not a tumor", said in my best Kindergarten Cop, Schwarzenegger voice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kev25v6

kev25v6

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 14 October 2006 - 03:19 PM

Ive been having the same problem. Im with Virgin and they were useless with the advice they gave. Try reinstalling your modem. My line has recently been upgraded to 8.1meg from 2.2 and i think the modem hasnt quite got the hang of it being this quick yet. It seems to work for a while but my line keeps changing. At first it ran at 7.6 and the problems with pages started so i reinstalled the drivers from the disk and it shot straight upto 8.1. Its been a pain for the past few days with some sits(even my homepage of Virgin) so i reinstalled it again and all the pages now come up.

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 14 October 2006 - 03:46 PM

Have a look Here regarding images/.gif animations not loading.
And This should answer your questions about FireFox Hangs/Freezing.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#4 Sailor Ripley

Sailor Ripley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2006 - 07:24 AM

Kev and TMack, Thanks. I've checked my modem, router with no glitches. I can see all the picks save #4, which I'm not supposed to see.

Still only certain sites get a freeze... it just happens to be the ones that I really want!

Anyone else heard of this?

#5 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2006 - 09:36 AM

Have you tried disabling JavaScript to view the problem site,clearing your history,or checking the list of problematic extensions?
You could alway try the FireFox Standard Diagnostic to get to the root of your problem.
Chaos reigns within.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#6 Sailor Ripley

Sailor Ripley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2006 - 07:02 AM

Thanks, TMack,

I began working my way through the FF Standard Diag before I posted here.

I'll keep truckin'.

#7 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2006 - 05:16 PM

Good luck with that Sailor Ripley,hope you get your issues resolved.
Please post back with the fix.
Chaos reigns within.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users