Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Free Ipods and More

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 17 December 2004 - 11:53 PM

Im sure you've all heard about the Free Ipods. All the rumors and what not. I at first was in denial if it did work, but now I am completely convinced that they work, considering a relative did it and got his Ipod just yesterday.

There may be some people on here who have tried this, some may have been succesful some may have not. But it's definetly worth it to do it. Personally I think Ipods are overpriced and not worth the money. I rather just do a cheap offer and get 5 friends to do so also. Wouldn't you?

Also this isn't spam or anything I just figured since this was the "General Chat", I would put it in here. And rember you don't have to sign up, I am not forcing you, only helping you. If this get's big enough hopefully we can get a Conga Line going here, but only if it's allowed. :thumbsup:

Good Luck, and Thank You

Edited by grinler

Edited by Grinler, 18 December 2004 - 03:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 18 December 2004 - 12:02 AM

Hum......You will get more if we go there? I dont want to take the risk cause these things are not trusted.

If everybody dont get one then its no good!

Now why are they bad no matter if there in general chat or not?

Its a clone of the pyramid scheme. The thing keeps going but the last person never gets anything if he cant keep the flow of people going below him.

Its best not to mess with these things for your safety and others.

#3 Captain

Captain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2004 - 12:05 AM

Hum......You will get more if we go there? I dont want to take the risk cause these things are not trusted.

If everybody dont get one then its no good!

Now why are they bad no matter if there in general chat or not?

Its a clone of the pyramid scheme. The thing keeps going but the last person never gets anything if he cant keep the flow of people going below him.

Its best not to mess with these things for your safety and others.

The choice is your my friend, the Conga line was just and idea too.

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2004 - 01:55 AM

:thumbsup:
Posted Image

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2004 - 10:23 AM

"
The choice is your my friend, the Conga line was just and idea too."

Well I say no!

Just a warning posting things like this on any board can get you booted.

Most people have seen this before because of the adds you see on people websites......

Sorry to have to say that but stuff like this is just bad.........

#6 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2004 - 10:39 AM

Legit...no. The complete opposite.

Edited by scarlett, 18 December 2004 - 10:41 AM.

Posted Image

#7 Captain

Captain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2004 - 03:11 PM

:thumbsup:

You are either blind or can not read very well, it is not spam, this is a section for "General Chat". I don't see why you are hating on this, I wasn't trying to force you to do anything. I was just giving insight to people who might have been interested, and maybe get a few referrals. So if you are not going to say anything productive in my thread and you are going to just hate, then don't reply, it is not needed at all.

And you are also saying it is not legit. Have you read their "Terms and Conditions". From your replies you obviously have not. I suggest you do, but only if you are interested.

#8 Captain

Captain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2004 - 03:14 PM

"
The choice is your my friend, the Conga line was just and idea too."

Well I say no!

Just a warning posting things like this on any board can get you booted.

Most people have seen this before because of the adds you see on people websites......

Sorry to have to say that but stuff like this is just bad.........

Thanks for the warning, I will be more cautious next time.

#9 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2004 - 03:57 PM

I edited your link out.... we do not condone these types of pyramid schemes on this site. End of story

#10 Captain

Captain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2004 - 06:37 PM

I edited your link out.... we do not condone these types of pyramid schemes on this site.  End of story

There was no pyrmid scheme.
But if you say sooo

JEServices Even partial links will be removed, such as that one. Please do not post any links that can be offensive to some members.

Edited by JEservices, 18 December 2004 - 08:35 PM.

#11 nmdamgud

nmdamgud

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2004 - 11:56 AM

i would like to make a small suggestion to CAPTAIN. we have ALL read these offers at one place or another online. what i did, and i highly recomment YOU do, is went allllllll the way to the bottom, to see who was sponsoring this ad. the name is usually "consumers.....something or other"...then i took that name, and put it into google. the one i did came up with PAGES....PAGES, my friend, of complaints and warnings. by honest people who had been ripped off, and were simply trying to save others the same fate.

so...do what you want to do, captain..it's your life, and your computer. just protect yourself and CHECK THE SOURCE before you jump in with both feet.

good luck!!

damgud

#12 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2004 - 12:45 PM

These are a pyramid scheme. This has been shown by courts throughout the country. In some states this is considered fraud as the people at the bottom never get anything while the people at the top benefit the most.

Captain this is not up for discussion. Do not post another link to one of these types of schemes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users