Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mozilla Firefox

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Toddsg27

Toddsg27

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 14 October 2006 - 11:13 AM

:thumbsup:

Figured I'd give Firefox a try. But seems to slow down my computer too much. Now I can't seem to delete from Add/Remove Programs.

HELP! :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,320 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2006 - 11:24 AM

1. Go to Windows Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs, and if a 'Mozilla Firefox' entry (or similar) exists, select it and click Change/Remove and uninstall it. Note, you can also uninstall Firefox by going to the \Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall\ directory and running the UinstallFirefox.exe file. Reboot if required.

2. Go to your Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Mozilla directory and delete the entire \Firefox subdirectory and all of its contents. Note that this will delete all of your bookmarks and saved settings. If you want to backup any or all of your current Profile, see the Customizing Firefox section first.

3. Go to your \Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\ directory and delete it and all of its contents.

4. Using a registry cleaner like RegCleaner 4.3, find and remove all Firefox/Mozilla-related entries (usually there are several Mozilla entries to be found) and remove them. Alternatively you can use the Registry Editor (Start>Run>Regedit) and delete the following keys - that is, right click on their name in the left pane of Registry Editor and select Delete:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FirefoxHTML]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Applications\firefox.exe]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mozilla]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MozillaPlugins]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\mozilla.org]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MozillaPlugins]
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 14 October 2006 - 11:24 AM

See this KB article: Uninstalling FireFox.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#4 Toddsg27

Toddsg27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2006 - 10:25 PM

Thanks for the help. I only have one left.....can't figure out how to get rid of it. "Program Files", "Mozilla Firefox", "uninstall" folder....can't get rid of it....I get a message...says it's being used by someone else or another program.....and I finally did get rid of Firefox in Add/Remove Programs..

Any ideas?

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,320 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2006 - 09:02 AM

Have you tried unininstalling the file in "safe mode"?
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 Toddsg27

Toddsg27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2006 - 10:18 AM

Thanks..that worked! Gotta remember safe mode in the future.... :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users