Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wifi Limited Access is Back

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lifeovrina

lifeovrina

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:53 AM

My problem rises again. This time, I happened to reset my laptop before the semester starts and everytime i'm on the campus wifi this happens. I get the limited access symbol beside my wifi signals. It doesn't really happen to other people here besides me, so I'm assuming it may be a laptop problem? 

Also, I made a post like this last year, and the solution which was to put my battery to maximum strength and to uninstall my wifi adapter and let it reinstall worked, but this time it is not working for me. Possibly a Dongle help me fix the limited access problem?

My question is how can I fix this "Problem with wireless adapter or access point" or "No internet access" issue. 

Q0is9I.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,623 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2018 - 05:19 PM

Uninstall and Reinstall your Wifi driver from your computer's support site. If that does not work then get yourself a Wifi Dongle. There are plenty of cheap ones on Ebay that do the job.

This is your previous thread. In it I linked to the driver and USB dongles. See my post #6 on instruction to update the driver in Device Manager. I would first uninstall the driver then reinstall the driver per the instructions.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/669829/problem-with-wireless-adapter-or-access-point/#entry4437743

#3 lifeovrina

lifeovrina
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:52 PM

Okay, thank you. I will try that out and update you further if the problem has been solved!

#4 lifeovrina

lifeovrina
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2018 - 03:01 PM

Also, is there a dongle that I can insert into my laptop that doesn't include a cd? My laptop does not have a cd slot.

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,623 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2018 - 03:08 PM

The dongle should be plug and play. No Cd required. If a driver is needed it can be downloaded form another computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users