Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Translate languages instantly 8.1 (and wider!)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 V___ger

V___ger

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:17 AM

Hi This is my first post - so apologies if I'm breaking any established etiquette rules.

I am trying to learn Spanish and am looking for translate options that do not require leaving the page.

On PCs using Windows 10 I seem to be able to right click on highlighted text and it can be instantly translated with Bing, in IE. In the past I'm sure I've had an option to translate by hovering over text (not sure what IP this was).

Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated - especially, but not restricted to, when using windows 8.1

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RichardLancs

RichardLancs

• Members
  • 158 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:00 AM

It's the web browser not the Operating System.
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/10-top-browser-tools-translate-web-pages/

#3 V___ger

V___ger
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:20 AM

Thanks, Richard. I'll have a good read thru your link during the week. I thought the OS might come into play because I have the right click choices when using PCs with Windows 10 but not on my oldish Transformer - which has 8.1.

#4 alisp

alisp

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:25 PM

Not sure whether you're translating into or out of Spanish, but either way, never trust Bing Translator.  If you have to use a machine translation program, can I at least recommend DeepL?

#5 V___ger

V___ger
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2018 - 03:28 PM

Cheers, alisp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users