Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows freezes after 5mins of startup.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 matt000

matt000

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 14 September 2018 - 08:41 AM

Problem : Windows freezes after 5 mins of restart , only mouse moves and only hard manual reset option.

Few months back my pc used to hang/freeze when left it idle, so i installed mouse - mover to make the mouse keep moving and it worked.

I think it started after i was using 3rd party file restore software which can dig out old deleted files... could it be that it caused some corrupt data error ?

It works in safe mode with no problem, but i have one more problem which is the back light of laptop screen stopped working ( few years back ) and it goes off in few minutes or seconds and could only be seen with some light ( torch ) . So i was using my TV as external monitor for few years now with no problem but it does not work in safe mode. Is there a way to make it work in safe mode ?

Steps i have taken till now

1)i tried clean boot from safe mode with startup items ( all off ) and services all off ( excluding the microsoft services ) but it did not help.

2) I tried disk check but no use

chkdsk was stuck for 10 hours at step ( 4 of 5 ) no disk light .

I restarted and restored to cancel it since it was stuck in a loop....

3) i tried memory check but could not see the logs since when it reached enter password it was stuck.

4) system restore point also no use

5) im thinking of running a FULL Malwarebytes and norton scan ,,,but i have a feeling it will be useless... :/

I have the vista cd which came with laptop ...but my CD rom stopped working years back.

PC specs :HP laptop , 3gb ram , Windows vista home premium sp 2  , 32 bit OS

So what i can do to try to fix it . since i do not have money for new one :(

thanks

Edited by matt000, 14 September 2018 - 12:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lmacri

lmacri

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:04 PM

Hi matt000:

There is currently a known issue on Vista SP2 computers where Windows Update can hang on "Checking for updates..." for several hours (or even days) without throwing an error message.  When one of these "Checking for updates..." hangs occurs the Windows Update Agent will saturate an entire CPU core (e.g., 100% CPU activity on a single core CPU, 50% CPU activity on a dual core CPU) and cause many of the performance issues you've described.

Open your IE9 browser, go to Help | About Internet Explorer and see if you have Update Versions 9.0.6 (KB4014661) as shown in the image below. If you have an earlier version of the IE9 browser that is a sure sign that Windows Update did not install your last batch of April 2017 Patch Tuesday updates (including the KB4014661 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9: April 11, 2017) before extended support ended for Vista SP2 and IE9 ended on 11-Apr-2017.

Attached File  IE9 Version KB4014661 April 2017.png   17.66KB   0 downloads

Disable automatic Windows Updates [Windows Update | Change settings | Important updates | Never check for updates (not recommended)] and re-boot a few times (the re-boot is critical) to terminate any Windows Update sessions currently running in the background on your system.  If your system performance improves after automatic Windows Updates are disabled that is another indication that you are probably affected by these "Checking for updates..." hangs.

MS Office 2010, MS Office 2007 and/or the MS Office Compatibility Pack can also cause these "Checking for updates..." hangs (i.e., even if  your Vista SP2 OS and IE9 browser were patched as of April 2017), so be sure to read the VistaForums FAQ How to Fix Vista SP2 "Checking for Updates..." Hangs and Slow Windows Updates if you think you might be affected by this problem.
---------------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * FF ESR v52.9.0 * Norton Security v22.15.1.8 * Malwarebytes Free v3.5.1-1.0.365 * MS Office 2003 Professional
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo T5550 @ 1.83 GHz, 3 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Edited by lmacri, 14 September 2018 - 01:08 PM.

#3 matt000

matt000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:34 AM

Hi matt000:

There is currently a known issue on Vista SP2 computers where Windows Update can hang on "Checking for updates..." for several hours (or even days) without throwing an error message.  When one of these "Checking for updates..." hangs occurs the Windows Update Agent will saturate an entire CPU core (e.g., 100% CPU activity on a single core CPU, 50% CPU activity on a dual core CPU) and cause many of the performance issues you've described.

Open your IE9 browser, go to Help | About Internet Explorer and see if you have Update Versions 9.0.6 (KB4014661) as shown in the image below. If you have an earlier version of the IE9 browser that is a sure sign that Windows Update did not install your last batch of April 2017 Patch Tuesday updates (including the KB4014661 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9: April 11, 2017) before extended support ended for Vista SP2 and IE9 ended on 11-Apr-2017.

attachicon.gifIE9 Version KB4014661 April 2017.png

Disable automatic Windows Updates [Windows Update | Change settings | Important updates | Never check for updates (not recommended)] and re-boot a few times (the re-boot is critical) to terminate any Windows Update sessions currently running in the background on your system.  If your system performance improves after automatic Windows Updates are disabled that is another indication that you are probably affected by these "Checking for updates..." hangs.

MS Office 2010, MS Office 2007 and/or the MS Office Compatibility Pack can also cause these "Checking for updates..." hangs (i.e., even if  your Vista SP2 OS and IE9 browser were patched as of April 2017), so be sure to read the VistaForums FAQ How to Fix Vista SP2 "Checking for Updates..." Hangs and Slow Windows Updates if you think you might be affected by this problem.
---------------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * FF ESR v52.9.0 * Norton Security v22.15.1.8 * Malwarebytes Free v3.5.1-1.0.365 * MS Office 2003 Professional
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo T5550 @ 1.83 GHz, 3 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Hi Imacri

Thanks for quick reply.

I have had my windows updated to never check for updates for long time before. I had updated SP 1 and SP 2 via mircrosoft installer from their site.

Still i wanted to re check it now, but windows update icon in safe mode is like a white icon( like its deleted ?) and nothing happens when i click on it.

So i checked services.msc and windows update was disabled, i switched it too Auto then restarted but still no use it does not open only.

I searched about it there are some update or auto fix ? but not sure which one since do not want cause more mess.

Additionally i did a full Malwarebytes scan it found nothing  & i did a sfc / scannow in cmd.exe

After scanning it had a message "windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix"

No clue what more to do .

Update :

I tried

net stop wuauserv 

net start wuauserv

Got the message "The specified service does not exist as an installed service"

Edited by matt000, 15 September 2018 - 02:20 AM.

#4 lmacri

lmacri

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2018 - 08:39 AM

Hi matt000:

What is the model of your HP computer, what is your default browser, is it a desktop or laptop computer, and did you perform a reset to original factory condition or a Windows system restore in recent years?  Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) was released on 25-May-2009, so if you manually installed SP1 and SP2 and then disabled automatic updates you're still missing almost a decade of security updates.  A factory reset would also roll back the drivers for any graphics card, network card and other hardware and reinstall out-of-date software that was installed at the factory (e.g., 30-day trial versions of McAfee or other antivirus software) that could be conflicting with your current Norton security software when you boot up in Normal mode.

Are all your important personal documents and data backed up to an external hard drive, and what is the "3rd party file restore software" you are using to back up your system? Does your HP computer have an emergency recovery drive on your hard drive (mine is on the D: drive at D:\HP_RECOVERY) that could be used for an emergency reset to factory condition?  Even if your optical drive isn't working when you boot up in Normal mode there might be other ways to perform an emergency repair of your system.

Booting into Safe Mode only loads the bare minimum of system files and drivers that are required to start your Windows OS so you can troubleshoot and run diagnostics.  I booted up in Safe Mode with Networking this morning and confirmed that many of my Windows services that have startup type of Automatic or Automatic (Delayed) like Windows Update and Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) were not started, so you are not going to be able to run Windows Update or perform many other Windows tasks in Safe Mode.  Safe Mode will also only load the basic video drivers for the graphics chip integrated into your motherboard, so if your HP computer came with an discrete graphics card (e.g. NVIDIA GeForce, AMD Radeon, etc.) that might be why your screen resolution is so poor when you boot up in Safe Mode (and why you can't use your TV as an external monitor).  Right now we don't have enough information to know if your problems are related to software or a pending hardware failure (or both).

If possible, it would be helpful if you could run a quick diagnostic of your system using Piriform's free Speccy utility and then post the results so we can see a snapshot of your current system. After Speccy has collected information about your system go to File | Publish Snapshot and then copy and paste the URL this generates (e.g., http: // speccy.piriform.com/results/xxx... ) in your next reply.  If you can't download and install Speccy on your hard drive you can also save the portable version of Speccy from their builds page at https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy/builds onto a USB thumb drive (you can do this from another computer if necessary), unzip the .ZIP file, and run the 32-bit Speccy.exe executable from the thumb drive. If you could run Speccy while booted up in Normal mode that would be ideal, since that will show us what Windows services and third-party software are loaded during a normal boot-up.

Attached File  Speccy Snapshot Copy to Clipboard.png   5.8KB   1 downloads
---------------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * FF ESR v52.9.0 * Norton Security v22.15.1.8 * MS Office 2003 Professional * Speccy v1.32.740

Edited by lmacri, 15 September 2018 - 08:50 AM.

#5 matt000

matt000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2018 - 06:44 AM

Hey sorry it took some time , it was hard to backup everything with no backlight on laptop using a mobile torch on Safe Mode , but i think i got most of my files saved.

I have added the speccy link below.

Hi matt000:

What is the model of your HP computer, what is your default browser, is it a desktop or laptop computer

Added Speccy file, Firefox , it is a laptop.

, and did you perform a reset to original factory condition or a Windows system restore in recent years? 

Never reset to factory settings. System restore yes maybe cannot recall when though.

Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) was released on 25-May-2009, so if you manually installed SP1 and SP2 and then disabled automatic updates you're still missing almost a decade of security updates.  A factory reset would also roll back the drivers for any graphics card, network card and other hardware and reinstall out-of-date software that was installed at the factory (e.g., 30-day trial versions of McAfee or other antivirus software) that could be conflicting with your current Norton security software when you boot up in Normal mode.

I tried to manual install updates when i came to know but yea could still be missing a lot of them.

Are all your important personal documents and data backed up to an external hard drive

yes

, and what is the "3rd party file restore software" you are using to back up your system?

Powerdatarecovery not backup but find deleted files.

Does your HP computer have an emergency recovery drive on your hard drive (mine is on the D: drive at D:\HP_RECOVERY) that could be used for an emergency reset to factory condition?  Even if your optical drive isn't working when you boot up in Normal mode there might be other ways to perform an emergency repair of your system.

Yes its same D drive, I have tried repair from there like startup repair and restore and had seen recovery option but left it, since i have never done that.

attachicon.gifSpeccy Snapshot Copy to Clipboard.

Could not publish it , system hanged but got copy paste out on txt.

>>>> Speccy file : https://www.sendspace.com/file/4foroh

Additionally i had seen this error in event viewer it started just day before laptop started freezing. ( I do not think so i have seen it before maybe its related ? )

Failed extract of third-party root list from auto update cab at:
 <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootstl.cab>
 with error: A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying
 against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file.

Edited by matt000, 16 September 2018 - 06:51 AM.

#6 lmacri

lmacri

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:33 AM

Hi matt000:

I'm just on my way out the door and I'll take a closer look at your Speccy profile later, but in the mean time could you answer my question about the model of your HP laptop, and let me know if you currently have Firefox ESR v52.9.0 (extended support version)?  I can't see any mention of Firefox in your Speccy profile.

According to Speccy your Internet browser is IE7 (released 18-Oct-2006, not the latest IE9 released 14-Mar-2011), your Norton Internet Security (NIS) v19.9.1.14 was released in 2012 and I can see other out-dated software on your system.  Based on what you've stated previously, it sounds like you rolled back your system to a previous date and re-applied the standalone SP1 and SP2 service packs but haven't patched your Vista OS or many third-party programs like Norton, Java, etc.  I'll proceed on that assumption since you can't recall if or when your rolled back your system.

Just for future reference, please see the Norton support article Fix System Restore Problems with Norton Installed.  If you did perform a reset to factory condition or rolled your system back with an old system restore point and didn't uninstall NIS first [or at least disable Norton Product Tamper Protection (NPTP)] that might be the root cause of some of your current problems. I know of some instances where performing a system restore without disabling NPTP or uninstalling Norton first caused an incomplete system restore and damaged system files.

Given that your system runs relatively problem-free when you boot into Safe Mode (i.e., when third-party programs like Norton are not loaded at boot-up) I suspect that quite a few problems you have when booting into Normal mode are caused by an out-dated or corrupted Norton installation.  I'll provide instructions for performing a clean re-install of NIS later today.  if upgrading NIS to the latest v22.15.1.8 allows you to boot up in Normal mode we can go forward from there and see about fixing Windows Update and patching your Vista SP2 OS to the end of extended support (April 2017).
---------------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * FF ESR v52.9.0 * Norton Security v22.15.1.8 * MS Office 2003 Professional * Speccy Portable v1.32.740

Edited by lmacri, 16 September 2018 - 09:45 AM.

#7 matt000

matt000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:43 AM

Hey Imacri,

Model : Hp dv6870ee , Yes i have the extended support version of firefox as default browser.

When i did clean boot and norton was still there i was thinking of uninstalling it and trying it again.

Thanks for help

Edited by matt000, 16 September 2018 - 11:46 AM.

#8 lmacri

lmacri

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2018 - 01:59 PM

Hi matt000:

Thanks for the model number of your HP laptop.  I noticed your system specs are almost identical to my own HP Pavilion dv6835ca laptop (where ca = Canada) so that gives me a good idea what will (and won't) work on your system.

I've posted generic instructions for performing a clean re-install of Norton in freespace77's thread Windows Defender Still Active in the Norton forum that should work on your computer.  Just note that running the Norton Remove and Reinstall (NRnR) tool in advanced "Remove Only" mode will also remove other Norton products like Norton Utilities, Norton Family, etc. so post back for modified instructions if you have other Norton software installed.  If you use the Norton Identity Safe password manager also note that this clean reinstall procedure will remove the old-style local password vault (last offered with Norton v19.x, where passwords were stored in a .dat file on the local hard drive) but it won't remove the online password vault now used with newer Norton versions.

Here's a few additional hints for the clean reinstall:

• After wiping with the NRnR tool and re-booting (STEP # 3 of the instructions), check if you have any remnants of older installations in C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security and C:\ProgramData\Norton.  Newer version of the NRnR tool don't always do a great job of cleaning up the last remnants of older product like NIS 2012 (v19.x) and it should be safe to manually delete any files left behind in those folders after the NRnR tool runs (as long as you don't have other Norton products like Norton Utilities, etc. installed) before you upgrade to NIS v22.15.
  • If you have problems downloading the small stub installer from your Norton Account (STEP # 4 of the instructions) you can download the latest available full (offline) Norton Internet Security installer from https://www.norton.com/latestnis.  This link is currently downloading the NIS v22.15.0.88 installer so you will still have to follow STEP # 5 and run a few LiveUpdates if you use this installer to ensure you're patched to the current v22.15.1.8 (released 13-Sep-2018).  Go to Help | General Information | About to check your version number.
  • If the days remaining on your subscription shown on the Norton interface is incorrect after the reinstall go to Help | Account Information | Subscription Status to sync your Norton product with the correct license information in your Norton Account at https://my.norton.com/account/subscriptions.
  • There are no further product updates planned for Win XP and Vista users once Norton v22.16 (currently in beta) is released - see the announcement at Norton Maintenance Mode for Windows XP and Windows Vista.  My understanding is that Win XP and Vista users will continue receive updates for virus definitions (now called SDS Definitions in newer Norton versions) and other security updates listed at https://www.symantec.com/security_response/definitions.jsp but there will be no new product updates or feature enhancements for XP and Vista users after v22.15.x.

--------------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * FF ESR v52.9.0 * Norton Security v22.15.1.8 * MS Office 2003 Professional * Speccy Portable v1.32.740

Edited by lmacri, 16 September 2018 - 02:15 PM.

#9 lmacri

lmacri

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2018 - 02:13 PM

Hi matt000:

Your Speccy profile also shows that you have Cyberlink's Power2Go software installed on your computer.  If this is the expired 30-day trial that was installed at the factory and you haven't purchased a current subscription I'd advise that you uninstall this out-of-date software. I wouldn't be too hopeful, but your optical CD/DVD drive might start working again after this software is uninstalled.

I recall I had a 30-day trial of Cyberlink DVD Suite Deluxe v5 (including their YouCam, Power2Go, Power2Go Express and LabelPrint software) installed at the factory on my HP laptop and had problems uninstalling this software after the trial expired.  Someone in their user forum suggested I should use Revo Uninstaller for the uninstall but I ended up contacting Cyberlink's Customer Support and asking for an old version of their cleanup tool to remove the last remnants of this old bloatware.
--------------

#10 matt000

matt000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2018 - 12:43 AM

Hey Imacri,

I uninstalled Norton from Control panel ,restarted and ran NRnR tool then again restarted to normal mode but laptop hanged again.

So i booted to safe mode and then i ran Old NRT https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/norton-removal-tool/ and restarted to normal mode and it worked. Laptop freezing stopped :)

I updated NIS to v22 and after several updates and restarts , the boot time and shutdown time was way better than before.

I checked power2go its not trial version its full version so maybe my cd/rom is hardware issue. Still i do not use it so i will remove it later on.

Thanks for help

Edited by matt000, 17 September 2018 - 01:12 PM.

#11 lmacri

lmacri

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:47 AM

Hi matt0000:

Glad to hear you're making good progress.

I'm not sure why the current Norton Remove and Reinstall (NRnR) tool didn't work properly unless you ran it in "normal" reinstall mode (as instructed at https://www.norton.com/nrnr) instead of advanced "remove only" mode (as instructed at https://www.norton.com/nrt).  Symantec combined the discontinued Norton Removal Tool (NRT) that you found on Bleeping Computer with the old Norton Remove and Reinstall (NRnR) tool into a single utility in early 2017 (see Has the Norton Removal Tool (NRT) Been Discontinued? in the Norton forum).  Regardless, it's not an issue now since you found your own workaround.

Is your laptop display working normally again when you boot up in Normal mode?  I don't know if your laptop display is automatically darkened because you've configured your computer to work with an external monitor, but if you're still having problems try adjusting your screen brightness as described in the article How to Adjust Brightness & Contrast on HP Pavilion Laptop.  On my HP Pavilion laptop pressing the Function (fn) key + F8 increases the brightness, while fn+F7 decreases the brightness, but the key combination might be slightly different on your computer.  If that works I can provide instructions on how to edit the default power plan on your laptop to automatically increase the screen brightness at boot-up.

Attached File  HP Pavilion Adjust Screen Brightness Fn Keys.png   8.02KB   0 downloads

Now that you've got Norton updated and you can boot into Normal mode you should be able follow my instructions on page 1 of m#l's thread Updates not working, it has been searching for updates for hours (I post in the MS Answers forum as user Great White North) to patch your Vista SP2 OS to the end of extended support on 11-Apr-2017.  You still have IE7 (not IE9) so pre-installing the first four Windows Update "speed up" patches [KB3205638 (rel. 13-Dec-2016); KB4012583 (rel. 14-Mar-2017); KB4015195 (rel. 11-Apr-2017); KB4015380 (rel. 11-Apr-2017)] will likely do the trick, but I'd still advise starting at STEP # 1 and working your way through those instructions.  If you can get Windows Update working and it installs your ~200 or so missing security updates you might be automatically upgraded to IE9.  I'm not suggesting you use IE9 as your default browser, but if you are upgraded to IE9 you'll have to go back and install KB4014661 (the 11-Apr-2017 cumulative security update for IE9) to prevent Windows Update from getting stuck on "Checking for updates..." again.

There's probably still other unsupported / out-of-date software on your computer besides CyberLink Power2Go that you should either update or uninstall.  For example, I'd suggest removing (or at least disabling until required) both Adobe Flash Player and the Java RE browser extensions - they're both insecure and prone to exploit by malware, and most modern web sites work well without them. Also a quick aside about the CryptoPrevent software running on your computer.  I've never used CryptoPrevent  but I understand the free version was discontinued in April 2018 after v9.1.0.0 was released and Foolish IT changed their name to d7x Tech (see https://www.d7xtech.com/faq/what-happened-to-cryptoprevent-free-edition/ ).  That d7x Tech FAQ states that the free version is not supported and no longer receives updates (which suggests to me that CryptoPrevent will not protect you against newer ransomware variants unless you purchase a license and switch to the paid version) and at some point the free version might begin causing conflicts with the anti-ransomware protection in Norton.  Just something to keep in mind if you start seeing odd glitches and performance problems on your computer after you've patched your Vista SP2 OS.

--------------

Edited by lmacri, 17 September 2018 - 12:10 PM.

#12 matt000

matt000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted Yesterday, 03:19 AM

Hey Imacri

Laptop display is working now ,, deleted lots of old bloatware and old unsupported software , disabled adobe flash etc.

Thanks for informing about cryptoprevent , i have removed it too.

Update is back from services , now i will take some time to go through the list you have given above and slowly update everything following the instruction.

Thanks again for all the help  :cool:

#13 lmacri

lmacri

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  

Posted Yesterday, 07:52 PM

Hi matt000:

Good to hear your laptop display is working again.

Let me know if you run into any problems with the step-by-step instructions on page 1 of m#l's thread Updates not working, it has been searching for updates for hours.  There are footnotes at the bottom of those instructions about common issues a few Vista SP2 users have encountered while trying to get Windows Update working again, but it's always possible your System Files Checker (sfc /scannow) result could be pointing to a more serious problem with your system files.  I don't think your event errors about the out-of-date certificate for a third-party .cab file should cause problems and they might even stop after your system is patched and all your bloatware is removed, but the MS support article Event ID 4107 or Event ID 11 is Logged in the Application Log in Windows and in Windows Server might have a possible fix if these are the Event IDs associated with your error.

Also, let me know if you're still having problems with your optical drive after Windows Update has run to completion and patched your Vista SP2 OS with all available updates. Our system specs are very similar but I did notice that we have different models of CD/DVD drives - my HP Pavilion dv6835ca laptop has a Pioneer DVR-K17B while your dv6870ee has a Toshiba TSSTcorp TS-L632N.  It looks like the HP Support site has removed all the Vista-certified hardware drivers for HP Pavilion laptops but I did find a driver package on the Toshiba support site at https://support.toshiba.com/support/viewContentDetail?contentId=2024958 that might work (you can contact Toshiba customer support to see if they can recommend a better driver), and I can provide other troubleshooting resources if necessary.  At the end of the day it might be easier to purchase a cheap external plug-and-play CD/DVD drive that connects via a USB port as long as you can find one that is compatible with 32-bit Vista.

Here's a link to a Speccy profile for my own HP Pavilion dv6835ca laptop that I published today (File | Publish Snapshot...) that might be useful.  My automatic Windows Updates are always disabled ([Control Panel | System and Maintenance | Windows Update | Change settings | Important updates | Never check for updates (not recommended)] and I only run a manual Windows Update once a month or so just to make sure that Windows Update is still working correctly.
     http://speccy.piriform.com/results/NYncOOGwjkx7uMORz7fClZi
--------------

Edited by lmacri, Yesterday, 08:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users