Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyheal,pesttrap,thespyguard,bravecentry,malware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Geodar

Geodar

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 13 October 2006 - 06:20 PM

How in blazes do I get rid of these bleeping programs and popups. I can't even laod or install a XXXXXXXXXXX thing I have been on this thing for 2 days now and all I can get on the inter net and mail is thier stinking pop ups.
Thanks bbmfic :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:34 PM

Hello Geodar, Welcome to bleeping computer...
You didn't provide much specifics,,, So I'll assume you are using XP or 2000. Were there any messages, what are the pop ups? What AV and spyware apps do you have? Which firewall are you using?
In SAFE MODE,install AVG Antispyware. This may take quite some time, an hour or so, depending on speed and infection How to start Windows in Safe Mode

First go here and print out the instructions on install / scan with AVG

Be sure to check for the any updates to the program after you install these.
Download and run ( formerly known as ewido) AVG Antispyware 7.5

Following these instructions Download and run Spybot Search & Destroy 1.4 (with out tea timer option)

Download and run SUPERAntispyware, free version Home User

Now Run Windows OneCare Live
Be sure to click ONLY on the grey box below the picture of a wrench “Full Service Scan”
Again this may take some time especially it it needs to defragment the drive.
Please post back with any questions and results
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users