I am trying to apply Noahdfear's SmitFraud and SpyAxe removal tool and downloaded
Smitrem.exe from: http://noahdfear.geekstogo.com/
, saving the file to my desktop. I
double clicked the folder which contains 11 items viz:
1) delfiles.cmd - Windows NT Command Script 4 KB
3) dumphiveREADME - File 3 KB
4) eTrust Antivirus Web Scanner - Internet Shortcut 1 KB
6) Process.exe - Command Line Process Utility http://www..beyondlogic.org
8) replace.cmd - Windows NT Command Script 17 KB
9) replaceIE7.cmd - Windows NT Command Script 3 KB
10) RunThis.bat - MS-DOS Batch File 907 KB
I do not understand as how to *extract* the contents of the downloaded folder
(smitrem.exe) to a folder of it's own and kindly request assistance as how to run this
tool; some kind of a step-by-step instruction would be most welcome.
Please, no computer lingo as I am not a geek
Which item/icon needs to be double clicked or right-clicked on first, what action has
to be taken for running and utilizing this tool most effectively?
How do I proceed to up-date the virus definition/signature base in this tool?
After scanning, Will there be a scan report created?
My system is Win XP Pro SP2.
Thank you in advance for taking time responding.
With best regards,