Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 98 Pixel Resolution Tab Won't Move To Change Settings.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bikefixer

bikefixer

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 13 October 2006 - 05:45 PM

I am using winows 98. My computer is AMD 2200 XP. Also have g force 128 mb graphics card. I just recently tryed to install people pc isp. Was'nt able to install because pixel resoltion needed to be adjusted to aleast 600*800. So I went into control panel and went into display setting. I tryed to move tab to adjust pixel but it would'nt move. The button was complety frozen. Eveything else on computer seemed to work fine. Also mouse and keyboard was working. I was same problem before installing graphics card. Also installed driver for graphic card. One thing I don't know if its normal but the graphic card make alot of noise.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 14 October 2006 - 06:28 AM

It is not normal for the graphics card to make a lot of noise other than some fan noise if it has a fan on it.

Try changing from the maximum color - 32 bit to something lower and then try to set the resolution again.

Make sure your graphics card's driver is compliant with the operating system you are running, IE Win 98 or ME.

Go to your device manager and see if there is a yellow or red warning icon in the graphics adapter section. If there is update or rollback the drivers, depending on what it will allow you to do.

Edited by Enthusiast, 14 October 2006 - 06:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users