Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need A Good Agp Video Card For 2d Video

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 flcpec

flcpec

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 13 October 2006 - 04:25 PM

We currently have an ATI Radeon 9200 card configured for two monitors running on a Compaq P4 2.4 GHz machine. The video output is sent to a Sharp SR 10X DLP projector and an LCD monitor. When playing a DVD from the computer the picture we see on both the monitor and the projector has diagonal lines that are "stairstepped" and not smooth even when the picture is relatively still. The same DVD played on a standalone DVD player and sent to the projector looks fine. Is our problem the video card? If so, what AGP card might give us better full-motion 2d video? Any other suggestiions would be very much appreciated. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:50 AM

Currently, the Nvidia 6800GS is the (or close to) the best AGP card on the market. Great clock speeds, 256 MB DDR3 memory. I've done plenty of video with it, and it's looked fine. However, I haven't done any video output through a projector with it, so I can't speak as to how that would work. The problems that you're describing sounds like it's either a low resolution issue or the current card isn't fast enough to run the video, so it's getting "choppy". My best guess is the latter of the two.

Do some research before you buy the card though, as it's roughly $164. I've got one and I love it. I run some new games in the highest resolution, and it doesn't slow the card down at all.

Hope this helps!

HERE'S a link to one from Newegg.com. It's already overclocked, which means it'll be a little faster than the stock ones.

Edited by stevealmighty, 17 October 2006 - 09:50 AM.

War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users