Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Launcher Problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Darklight

Darklight

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 13 October 2006 - 10:30 AM

could anyone help me with this...

im playing MU i hope you know it guys..sometimes when im about to get online i run the launcher then when im trying to connect the monitor just get colored black then return in normal mode..i dont know what should i do..sometimes im in a hurry to get online but most of the time im having this problem..there's no problem anymore with the launcher i use to i think it is now my computer has a problem..

processor: intel celeron 2.40ghz
256 RAM
NVIDIA Inno 3d MAX4000 128MB(video card)
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 13 October 2006 - 01:31 PM

If your monitor "flickers" black for a second or two, I wouldn't worry about it. That's the video card making changes to the resolution of the monitor itself. It will do the same thing if you change the resolution of your monitor for windows to use (through Start>Settings>Control Panel then clicking on Display then clicking on Settings). When you change the settings, it (for lack of a better term) turns the monitor off, then back on really quick with the new settings. You can try it to see if it's the same as what's happening when you start your game. I know that it does it to me when I start BattleField 2 (but I'm running in the highest settings too).

If this is different from what you're experiencing, post back and we'll continue to help you! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 Darklight

Darklight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2006 - 01:47 PM

i dont still get it?sometimes happend also whe im trying to click "connect" to the launcher then nothing happend..do you think its my connection?im just using dial-up connection with 52kbps..
Posted Image

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2006 - 03:42 PM

Did you try what I said in my previous post, to see if it's the same thing that you're getting (changing the resolution and whatnot)?

It could be a few things, like it's trying to change over the resolution, and waiting for an internet connection, which using dial up might take a bit, so it locks up. Or it could be that you need to update or uninstall/reinstall the launcher program(s) along with whatever game it's running. I'd try to update it first to see if that fixes it. If not, then I'd go with a complete uninstall/reinstall, ensuring that you've removed everything (sometimes uninstalling will leave files behind).
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#5 Darklight

Darklight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2006 - 03:59 PM

what shall i do?change the screen resolution in 960 by 600?
Posted Image

#6 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2006 - 06:41 AM

If it's hanging and your computer is not responding, I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling the program, then we'll go from there.

If it's no hanging, just going blank and staying that way for a few minutes, let it go and see if it connects to the internet (being on dial up, this may take a few minutes). You can also try connecting to the internet first, before you start the launcher program, to see if that helps-->this way it won't have to try to make the connection while/when launching the program.

Hope this helps!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users