Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Start up disk

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sandra2908

sandra2908

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 17 December 2004 - 06:42 PM

I used some soft ware to clean my computer, think i was smarter than i actually am i didn't read all the directions. I now need a start up disk. I had windows xp on my computer. On my lap top i have windows xp on the system also. Can i use the quick restore disks from the lap top for the other computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 17 December 2004 - 11:07 PM

I'm afraid not, Sandra. Even when a computer is wiped out totally, it'll still recognize the license or registration number it was originally given. Another system's restore/recovery disks won't work anywhere else. You probably won't even be able to use XP disks from another system either.

What exactly did you do to the computer? What software did you use? What do you mean by 'cleaning'? What does the computer do now? Do you have the original disks that came with it? What OS did it have?

We would need more info in order to try and piece the situation together better.

~67~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users