Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scanner Won't Scan To Correct Size

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 boricua1967

boricua1967

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:41 PM

i have a hp all in one 1210v model and when i try to either scan or print a photo or any document it always print it smaller than the real size. i have been using hp photo imaging software and also media face 4.2 from fellowers and when it scan the document it shows me the size and its the correct size until i hit the print button,than it prints smaller.can anybody help. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 13 October 2006 - 08:39 AM

It sounds as if your scan dpi and printing dpi differs. Make sure that your scanned image has the same dpi as the printer. Most scanners scan can easily scan at 300 dpi, but default to 72. Most printers default printer setting is 72, which will cause problems when printing.

You can set the scan size to manual. Let's keep it simple, say 100 dpi. Now, when you've scanned the image, and are ready to print it, see if there's an option to set the print dpi. Some printers don't have this option, and you might have to readjust the scanned dpi to accomodate the printer.

This entire ordeal is trickier than it sounds! I've seen some printers "auto adjust" and have no problems at all, while I've seen other printers be the biggest pain in the butt about printing correct (desired) sizes! My best advice is to go into your settings for the printer (after you've scanned) and play with the options in it. This may take a few (or a lot!) of test prints to figure it out. Once you figure it out, write it down so you don't forget!

Let us know if this works for you or not. If not, then we'll continue to help you!

Hope this helps!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users