Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

free antivirus program

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#46 n01paranoid

n01paranoid

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 18 September 2018 - 03:48 PM

It is your opinion they are useless. That does not make Kaspersky Free useless or unusable. If you are going to make such wild claims, please provide evidence to support your claims, which you also failed to do when making the exact same nonsensical comments at Malwaretips. Just because you personally had issues does not mean the product is unusable or its protection modules useless..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#47 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 18 September 2018 - 04:53 PM

I had the paid version of Kaspersky because I got a good deal on their 2018 Total Security. I used it for a couple of months but I did not like it as much as Windows Defender so I removed it from my system. To each their own.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#48 n01paranoid

n01paranoid

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 19 September 2018 - 02:44 AM

I think that is perfectly reasonable. If you personally don't like a product (or, in Kaspersky's case, if you have concerns over accusations of collusion with the Russian security services), fair enough, but for someone, in this case, Tairku Okami, to make unsubstantiated claims that Kaspersky is useless and unusable simply because it isn't as configurable as they would like, is misleading and very unhelpful.

#49 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 19 September 2018 - 04:04 PM

^^^^ I actually agree with this statement 100%. In my case, I have no fears of Kaspersky and I really enjoyed the product, but because I am a Windows Insider it just got in my way with all of the constant upgrades and downloads. Other than that, I think that Kaspersky is a great product that I would recommend to others. 

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users