Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tablet question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bruinator

bruinator

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 18 August 2018 - 09:11 AM

I am looking to buy an inexpensive tablet for no more than $60. I was wondering if any of the Amazon tabs are worthy of buying? Plz recommend some. I wont be using it too often, mostly for net browsing and watching an occasional movie.

TIA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 18 August 2018 - 06:11 PM

As far as I know there is only one Amazon tablet that meets your price target, the 7 inch Fire. My wife has had one for a few years now but hasn't used it much since we bought her a better specified one two years ago, but it still works so that speaks for their longevity.

Unless it has changed they run Amazon's version of Android and it used to have restricted access to Google's PlayStore but that may have changed. I suggest you look at a few reviews on-line.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK

• Members
  • 688 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 05 September 2018 - 03:01 AM

To my mind, the first thing people should always ask themselves when buying a tablet is- What do I intend using it for?

For example I bought a cheap tablet earlier this year purely for storing and playing videos, but it was a disaster because there were no features to adjust contrast and colour intensity etc, so I had to buy a second tablet at twice the price to get those features, grrrr...

#4 rama31

rama31

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 14 September 2018 - 07:17 AM

I want a tablet with a calling capability, good RAM  and lots of space.Would you please  suggest ???

#5 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK

• Members
  • 688 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 21 September 2018 - 04:59 AM

I'm not a tablet expert but if I was you I'd do a google search "What tablet should I buy?" and see what comes up..:)

#6 Shazy

Shazy

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:09 AM

I had purchased and Amazon Fire for my son about 3 years back and it is still kicking. He play all sorts of games and watch cartoon movies in it. I was was not sure myself when i searched on the internet about what tablet i should buy until i come across an article revglue(.)com/blog-detail/13-setup-free-uk-mobile-comparison-website where i first know about mobile comparison websites. So i searched and found this website gadgetsnow where you can find all sort of gadgets, mobile phones and tablets. you can compare there specs and price or read reviews by existing of the product you liked. I am using Samsung Galaxy Tab A right now but that is way more pricier then Amazon.

#7 MaxAda

MaxAda

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 17 October 2018 - 08:38 PM

To my mind, the first thing people should always ask themselves when buying a tablet is- What do I intend using it for?

For example I bought a cheap tablet earlier this year purely for storing and playing videos, but it was a disaster because there were no features to adjust contrast and colour intensity etc, so I had to buy a second tablet at twice the price to get those features, grrrr...

I want to know which tablet you bought last. :lmao:

#8 Shazy

Shazy

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 17 October 2018 - 11:26 PM

I always consider buying low standard products a waste of money, because you will end up buying the right product later when the cheap one stops working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users