Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC either gets stuck or reboots at the Windows 10 "spinning dots loading screen"

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 NepNep

NepNep

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:22 PM

Hi everyone. I've had this issue since yesterday and i can't seem to make any progress on it.

So I was playing a game when the computer suddenly got completely stuck (no BSOD). After waiting a bit I turned it off and on again only for it to get stuck as soon as I opened Chrome. So I tried another reboot and this time it got stuck before I could input my windows password. After that the computer would either just get stuck or reboot on the spinning dots.

System specs:

INTEL CORE I7-6700K S1151 SKYLAKE 4.0GHZ
ASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO LGA1151, Z170, DDR4
8GB 2400MHZ DDR4 CL15 HYPERX FURY BLACK (2 sticks)
MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G GDDR5 DVI/HDMI/3DP
EVGA 1000 G PSU
120GB KINGSTON SSD
3TB TOSHIBA HDD

Things I've already tried:

-Automatic repair: reboots/gets stuck.
-Booting a repair utility (Win10PESE) from USB stick: No difference.
-Removing the GPU and using the motherboard's HDMI out: Dots spin for a little longer than usual then reboots/gets stuck.
-Using only one RAM stick (tried both): No difference.
-Trying to get into safe mode: Holding shift does nothing, holding F8 lets me choose the boot device, which leads to it rebooting/getting stuck.
-Removing the motherboard's battery, waiting 10 minutes and inserting it again: No difference.
-Turning off fast boot: No difference
-Changing from UEFI Windows to other OS: No difference.

Three times it actually managed to get past the loading screen, and each time a different thing happened:
- BSOD with a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error. 
- BSOD with no error.
- What I assume was Win10PESE, but it rebooted before i could get a good look at it.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users