Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION BSOD - Please help, Im going insane

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mlampa

mlampa

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:27 PM

Hi,

I've got a custom built PC I built myself roughly 10 months ago. It was working like a charm for a couple of months, then slowly started to give me BSODs, always the same CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION. They could come while playing a game or just browsing the net and sometimes even when the PC was just idling, no pattern what so ever. I couldnt find the reason behind it and just decided to reinstall windows (Install Date: 2018-07-14) and it was back to working perfect for 1 month when suddenly the same problems started to occur again the other day.

Im using the computer around 6-10 hours a day and I've had BSODs 8th, 11th and 12th of August. So its not that often so its gonna be a tough nut to crack with trial and error.

I think pretty much every driver I can think of are up to date. Newest BIOS. I have ran both windows memory diagnostic and memtest86 for hours. No problems. Several CPU and GPU stresstests, Cinebench, Prime, etc, etc. no problems. Im totally in the dark here.

So I really, really, hope I can find some help here.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/pP3d6mmiaXLdWpovaEe3QgW

Attached Files

Edited by mlampa, 13 August 2018 - 12:36 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 softwaremaniac

softwaremaniac

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:50 PM

Hello, the error code means likely a HDD or RAM failure. Please test the HDD and try using one RAM stick at a time to see if it makes a difference.

#3 cobaine

cobaine

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:51 PM

I have problems with my pc or my screen every 2minute it is blue scree

I have problems with my pc or my screen every 2minute it is blue scree

#4 softwaremaniac

softwaremaniac

• 1,266 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:54 PM

Does the same issue occur in Safe Mode?

#5 mlampa

mlampa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:58 PM

Asking me or the guy who hijacked the thread?

Anyway. As I said earlier in my post I ran both windows memory diagnostics and memtest86 for HOURS without errors. And prime95 blend. Nothing. Smart score on both my HDD looks good. Thats why im confused.

#6 softwaremaniac

softwaremaniac

• 1,266 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:02 PM

My apologies, I didn't check the username before posting, but yes, I would like to know if you have tried the Safe Mode. I know that you did run the tests, but if you have multiple RAM sticks, did you try using just one in different slots to see if the crashes stop? If you have one stick of RAM, did you try putting it in a different slot? SMART is one thing, but did you test the drive using manufacturer's tool?

#7 mlampa

mlampa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:10 PM

I use samsung magician yes. And it says they are ok. Did some benchmarks on them aswell. No problem.

And I havent tried safe mode because the crashes occurs about 1-2 days apart with around 6-10 hours of use everyday. Since I have absolutley no clue whats causing these crashes I was hoping someone here could help with reading the dump files before going down the trial and error route with days between BSODs because it will suck to put it simple :)

#8 softwaremaniac

softwaremaniac

• 1,266 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2018 - 07:59 PM

The dump indicates memory corruption + the error you've got, I'd bet on something going bad, could also be a bad sata cable for the drive causing this.

#9 mlampa

mlampa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2018 - 01:25 AM

So you´re saying its either HDD or RAM? How certain are you?

The one thing that really bugs me are the fact it worked flawless for a month after I resinstalled windows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users