Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Yahoo email problem - Gone on Win10 & Still Present on Android

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 billzy

billzy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:47 AM

Hi,   I currently have a small problem. concerning Yahoo.com on my Windows 10 PC.

All my past emails save for the last 10 have suddenly disapeared.

Where as on my Nexus 7 earliest model.   They are still there.   This uses an early android interface and google.

On My PC I use Yahoo.co.uk / yahoo.co via going via google for my several thousand of emails stored on Yahoo  via my PC Some very important records to me. 

I use google for everything.connected to the web.

On my PC I have deleted the last word document I had just copied and pasted as it was from part of a website that Had turned RED instead of the usual Blue when I Copied it. This I thought very odd at the time as if it was preventing me from doing so. 

I have since Run AVG 

Having checked on my Nexus Tablet they are still somewhere in Yahoo's cloud space. I think somehow my PC "Google Chrome" must be preventing my email showing.    

Thank you in advance for any wisdom.

Billzy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,728 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:45 PM

Nexus runs Android and the default browser on Android is Chrome. Since you say you use Chrome on your PC it is unlikely that Chrome is your problem, However you do have two other browsers on your PC - IE and Edge - have you tried either of them ?

There is always the possibility of malware. Run scans with Malwarebytes and AdWare Cleaner and if they find anything they cannot fix start a topic in the 'Virus and malware removal' section. If you don't have them, both of these applications are free downloads from BC -

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

For the future, for really important emails, I prefer to copy them and save the text on my own computer as they will be backed up the next time I do a back-up and from then on. I have had the experience, once, that when I needed to access an important email my email system was down !

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users