Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows from Explorer is acting crazy!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MarkCribbs

MarkCribbs

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:40 AM

Hey guys, my Windows Explorer is working, but if I have more than 1 window open at a time, my cursor will bring whatever window it crosses to the top. If I have a window in full screen mode, all other windows hides behind it and will not come to the top. I can't even use the right click on the window buttons in the task bar if I already have another open. I am using a Surface Pro 4 with the Insider Fast Ring 17735.rs5_release. 180807-1451. I should probably note that I do have a few (okay, quite a few) programs that Defender considers hack tools and I also have a lot of customizations for my right click. Not sure if this plays a role in anything, but there you go. I have already ran Defender and Malwarebytes and other than the above mentioned, I'm clean. If this is something simple I will feel like a fool, but at least then it will be back to normal and I will not have lose my right click settings. Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 18 August 2018 - 05:05 AM

I hope that build 17741 fixed your issue.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 MarkCribbs

MarkCribbs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 24 August 2018 - 05:32 PM

No Sir, it didn't. Things actually got worse. Green screen, Blue screen, I think if there was a Red one, I would get it too. I checked a few other things and I found out that I have some drivers that are out of date so I contacted Microsoft and told them about these issues and more. I am now preparing it for warranty. They said that with everything I said they would be just sending me another one (after receiving this one of course). I just don't know what I will do since I depend upon this thing to control everything in my house. (I'm disabled) If you guys don't mind, I'd like to leave this post as still open until I ship it back. Maybe someone else can help me out with this problem. Thanks, Mark.

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 25 August 2018 - 04:52 AM

Rule number one. Never install an insider build on a computer that you depend on.

Just do a clean install and do not rejoin the Insider's Program.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users