Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NEW puppybt + bluez- tray + bluez5 on tahr pup 6.0.5

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jonathanmrk

jonathanmrk

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:32 AM

I tried this bluetooth tool on tahr puppy but it keeps throwing this error. Can it be fixed?

Dbus system session not started. Check your dbus launch script or service.

Tried these codes but non fixed it.

dbus-launch
dbus-daemon

dbus-uuidgen --ensure
dbus-daemon --system

www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=111331&sid=1be91ec9c95d47ad3fd67cb77d42333c

Or any other distro suggestion that supports this application out of the box?

dbus seems installed in this tahr pup distro.

I have also tried blueman from the tahr pup depository with bluez 4.99. But it fails to receive files from an Android phone. My ancient Nokia 6630 does it flawless though. In a hurry for a fix...! Somebody!

Edited by jonathanmrk, 12 August 2018 - 06:02 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mike_Walsh

Mike_Walsh

Bleepin' 'Puppy' nut..!!

• Members
  • 1,437 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:47 PM

@ jonathanmrk:-

What are you wanting to use Bluetooth for, specifically? With Puppy, many of the standard packages don't behave as one would expect.....often because of Pup's 'run-as-root' model, which a lot of apps/utilities simply won't allow.

Without knowing what it is you're trying to achieve, it's hard to give advice. Certain Puppy BT packages work better for certain applications than others do. So; some info would be appreciated, please.

Mike.  :wink:

Distros:- Multiple 'Puppies'..... and Anti-X 16.1

My Puppy BLOG ~~~  My Puppy PACKAGES

Compaq Presario SR1916UK; Athlon64 X2 3800+, 3 GB RAM, WD 500GB Caviar 'Blue', 32GB Kingspec PATA SSD, 3 TB Seagate 'Expansion' external HDD, ATI Radeon Xpress 200 graphics, Dell 15.1" pNp monitor (1024 x 768), TP-Link PCI-e USB 3.0 card, Logitech c920 HD Pro webcam, self-powered 7-port USB 2.0 hub

Dell Inspiron 1100; 2.6 GHz 400FSB P4, 1.5 GB RAM, 64GB KingSpec IDE SSD, Intel 'Extreme' graphics, 1 TB Seagate 'Expansion' external HDD, M$ HD-3000 'Lifecam'.

KXhaWqy.gifFQ8nrJ3.gif

#3 jonathanmrk

jonathanmrk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:57 PM

Simply file sharing with bluetooth. I want to send files from my mobile phone to Puppylinux PC and receive files from it to the phone.

Why Blueman 1.23 cannot receive files from an Android when it does from a Nokia? If it can be fixed I can happily forget the latest Bluez treatment.

What it is
you're trying to achieve?

Yes, definitely in a broader sense? Well, I want to see how far I can go with puppylinux though I am not the typical Linux hobbyist. Now seems I have fallen in ;-) with this and I have to start with something right? And also I think if I move back to Windows I will miss the command lines..! At least for bringing up the down bluetooth dongle. Should I move on to another latest distro? Just discovered Java for puppy cannot handle aard2 Wikipedia offline .slobs...! Another hurdle!

Edited by jonathanmrk, 12 August 2018 - 08:52 PM.

#4 jonathanmrk

jonathanmrk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2018 - 01:17 AM

FINALLY! A working bluetooth connection on tahr pup 6.0.5! Both worlds; sending and receiving. With the combination of [Blueman 1.23 + Bluez 4.99 + Bluez tools + Bluetooth File Sharing app for Android by Medieval Software...!]

Edited by jonathanmrk, 13 August 2018 - 01:21 AM.

#5 Mike_Walsh

Mike_Walsh

Bleepin' 'Puppy' nut..!!

• Members
  • 1,437 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 13 August 2018 - 05:00 AM

@ johnathanmrk:-

For simply transferring files across from one to the other, have you considered Dukto?

See my thread here on the Puppy Linux Forums:-

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=113738

Worth investigating, especially since it's so easy to use...

Mike.  :wink:

Distros:- Multiple 'Puppies'..... and Anti-X 16.1

My Puppy BLOG ~~~  My Puppy PACKAGES

Compaq Presario SR1916UK; Athlon64 X2 3800+, 3 GB RAM, WD 500GB Caviar 'Blue', 32GB Kingspec PATA SSD, 3 TB Seagate 'Expansion' external HDD, ATI Radeon Xpress 200 graphics, Dell 15.1" pNp monitor (1024 x 768), TP-Link PCI-e USB 3.0 card, Logitech c920 HD Pro webcam, self-powered 7-port USB 2.0 hub

Dell Inspiron 1100; 2.6 GHz 400FSB P4, 1.5 GB RAM, 64GB KingSpec IDE SSD, Intel 'Extreme' graphics, 1 TB Seagate 'Expansion' external HDD, M$ HD-3000 'Lifecam'.

KXhaWqy.gifFQ8nrJ3.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users