Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usb port gives power to lights on keyboard and mouse, but wont recieve inputs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chassie

chassie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:34 AM

I didn't know whether to put this under internal or external hardware, but I just built a desktop pc 3 days ago and it's been working great. I have four USB 3.0 ports on it but the thing is is that one of the USB 3.0 ports doesnt work fully. It gives power to my Corsair Keyboard and Msi mouse to the LED's on each component, but the keyboard, when typed, wont type actual letters and moving the mouse just does nothing. I know the mouse and keyboard aren't the problem probably because they work fine in any of the other USB ports. Any tips?

In case you want my pc info... https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pMJWhq and my case is the thermaltake g21 tempered glass edition.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PhillPower2

PhillPower2

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:20 AM

Hello chassie,

I just built a desktop pc 3 days ago and it's been working great. I have four USB 3.0 ports on it but the thing is is that one of the USB 3.0 ports doesnt work fully. 

Looking at the specs for the MB it appears to have three USB 3.1 type A ports and one USB 3.1 type C port the latter of which I have outlined in the attachment below, is it one of these ports to which you refer.

Attached Files

#3 chassie

chassie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted Yesterday, 09:31 PM

Hello chassie,

I just built a desktop pc 3 days ago and it's been working great. I have four USB 3.0 ports on it but the thing is is that one of the USB 3.0 ports doesnt work fully. 

Looking at the specs for the MB it appears to have three USB 3.1 type A ports and one USB 3.1 type C port the latter of which I have outlined in the attachment below, is it one of these ports to which you refer.

No, the Usb 3.0 port is on the top of my thermaltake g21 tempered glass edition case, it's the one on the furthest left of the top of the case when you are looking at it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users