Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Pleaseeee Tr/virtl.portsca.2

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sashacool

sashacool

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:46 AM

Hi all!! i need some help i cant navegate on internet and after passing a scan i found that this trojan TR/Virtl.PortSca.2 was installed in the restore files of windows, this might be the reason behind the fact that i cant navegate, i have no idea so know i have done a hijackthis and this is the log: (iŽd like to thank any ideas beforehand real desperate at this end)! :
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 16:26:21, on 12/10/2006
Platform: Windows ME (Win9x 4.90.3000)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\HCOUNT.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KB891711\KB891711.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ATI2EVXX.EXE
C:\ARCHIVOS DE PROGRAMA\ANTIVIR PERSONALEDITION CLASSIC\SCHEDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RESTORE\STMGR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\LOADQM.EXE
C:\ARCHIVOS DE PROGRAMA\ATI TECHNOLOGIES\ATI CONTROL PANEL\ATIPTAXX.EXE
C:\ARCHIVOS DE PROGRAMA\ANTIVIR PERSONALEDITION CLASSIC\AVGCTRL.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\ARCHIVOS DE PROGRAMA\HIJACK THIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Vínculos
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\ARCHIVOS DE PROGRAMA\ADOBE\ACROBAT 6.0\READER\ACTIVEX\ACROIEHELPER.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Archivos de programa\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SelfHostUtil] C:\WINDOWS\selfhost.exe /L
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCHealth] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\Support\PCHSchd.exe -s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadQM] loadqm.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Archivos de programa\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgctrl] "C:\Archivos de programa\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgctrl.exe" /min
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [HiberMonitor] HCount.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [*StateMgr] C:\WINDOWS\System\Restore\StateMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [KB891711] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KB891711\KB891711.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [ATIPOLL] ati2evxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [ATISmart] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ati2s9ag.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [schedm] "C:\Archivos de programa\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\schedm.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Archivos de programa\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\VxD\MSTCP: NameServer = 212.25.129.66,212.25.129.2

Please help!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 17 October 2006 - 03:15 PM

Hello sashacool and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. I do not see any signs of viruses or malware in the log. It is clean.

If the file was found in one of the restore points then it would not affect any current operations in the computer unless the computer was restored to that restore point. In ME, you can delete all of the restore points and set a new one by doing the following:

Reset and Re-enable your System Restore to remove infected files that have been backed up by Windows. The files in System Restore are protected to prevent any programs changing those files. This is the only way to clean these files: (You will lose all previous restore points which are likely to be infected)1. Turn off System Restore.Right-click My Computer and then click Properties.
On the Performance tab, click File System
On the Troubleshooting tab, click to select Disable System Restore
Click OK twice.
2. Restart your computer.

3. Turn on System Restore.Right-click My Computer and again click Properties
On the Performance tab, click File System
Clear the check mark in Disable System Restore check box.
[/list]
System Restore will now be active again.

As for the issue with navigating the net, if you cannot get anywhere then that would point towards an issue at your ISP. The first step would be to contact them and determine if the issue lies on their end either in the lines or with the connection.

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users