Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows has detected an IP address conflict

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 moon982

moon982

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 11 August 2018 - 02:55 AM

Windows has detected an IP address conflict

Another computer on this network has the same IP address as this computer. Contact your network administrator for help resolving this issue. More details are available in the windows system event log.

======

Note I have got this message three times in the past month!! I have no idea what is going on or why I'm getting this message.

Both my windows 10 laptop and windows 7 computer have got this message.

What normally does this message mean and what can cause it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:42 AM

Method 1:

Restart Your Router

Your router can be failing to assign appropriate IP address to the connected device. This can be caused by a temporary glitch, but most of the time this is cleared by a simple reboot/power cycle. To do this, switch off the router, wait 1-2 minutes and turn it back on. Once it’s on, give it another 2-3 minutes to settle and then connect your device back.

Method 2:

Release and Refresh IP Address

Click Start and type cmd, right click cmd and choose run as administrator. 

In the black command prompt window, type the following commands and press Enter after each:

1/  netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

2/  ipconfig /release

3/  ipconfig /renew

2016-01-24_143413.png

Now test to see if the issue has been resolved.

Method 3:

Remove Static IP

Press and Hold Windows key and press R. In the run dialog type ncpa.cpl and Click OK

2016-01-24_143558.png

Right click on Local Area Connection if you are using wired internet connection or Right click on Wireless Network Connection if you are using Wi-Fi. Click on Properties in the drop down menu.

2016-01-24_143642.png

Double click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Select Obtain an IP address automatically.

Select Obtain DNS server address automatically. Click OK > OK and close all windows.

2016-01-24_143609.png

Edited by Havachat, 11 August 2018 - 05:46 AM.

#3 moon982

moon982
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:28 AM

Problem is I turn the computer on and I get this message and I can use the computer for day and not get this message. But if I turn computer off and some days later turn the computer on I than get this message.

I'm not sure why I'm getting this message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users