Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Can't Retrieve My Webcam That Came With My Computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nicol_Bolas

Nicol_Bolas

• Validating
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:14 PM

Hello. If memory serves, my computer came with a cyberlink webcam already installed. For some reason it has been uninstalled. I was just wondering if maybe it was a trial that expired or not. I've tried to download free trials of Cyberlink, but it keeps saying that there is no webcam installed on my computer. I'm not sure what to do. Below is some info that I hope helps. PC: HP All-in-One Desktop Product name: 24-g018 OS: Windows 10 Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,998 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:42 PM

Have you tried opening Device Manager (under Control Panel) and taking a look under "Cameras" to see what's listed and if there might be an exclamation point in yellow on the device.

If that's the case, then I would select the device and hit the uninstall device button (red X that looks like delete in File Explorer).  Then proceed as though it were just plain missing from the camera list.

If it's just plain missing from the camera list then hit the Scan for hardware changes button (looks like a monitor with a magnifying glass on it) and it should find the device and install a driver, since this camera should be plug n' play.

If the camera is built in, and the above does not detect it, I would believe that the hardware has failed in some way.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#3 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:11 AM

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-24-All-in-One-Desktop-PC-series/10734619/model/12080021

Scroll Down to Software Multimedia - to download the Cyberlink Software x 2.

Otherwise:

HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)

This document pertains to HP computers with a built-in webcam and Windows 10 or Windows 8.
   NOTE:
If you are not using the latest version of Windows 10 or Windows 8, some graphics and information in this document might vary. You can get the latest version from the Microsoft Store.
Certain HP notebook and All-in-One computers come with built-in webcams that you can use to capture video motion or still images. A webcam is a video input device, similar to a scanner or camera, and requires software to function. The two most common types of software that use webcams are Internet messaging software (for making video calls over the Internet), and video editing software (for creating and sharing video files).
Setting up the webcam hardware and software
If you have already confirmed you have a webcam and have installed the webcam software, make sure to apply any available updates to your software. If you need to confirm you have a webcam and install webcam software, use the following steps.
Step 1: Look for webcam hardware
Take a moment to visually inspect the top of your computer's display. If your computer has a webcam, you should see a small lens in the top center, above the screen. Some models do not come with a webcam and the area where the webcam would normally reside is replaced by a small plastic plug.
   NOTE:
Often, there are small holes near the top center of your display. These holes are for the microphone or other sensors and do not contain a webcam.
  • If your computer does not have a built-in webcam, you must use an external USB webcam.
  • If your computer has a built-in webcam and you cannot use it, continue to the next step to find webcam software.
c03426560.jpg
Step 2: Find and use the webcam software that came with your computer
If your computer came with a built-in webcam, you can use the Camera app to record and share webcam video. The Camera app comes preinstalled on Windows 10 computers. It is also available to download for free in the Windows Store for Windows 10 and Windows 8.
In the search box on the taskbar, search for and open Camera.
c06043861.jpg
  • If you can see an image, then you are finished. Your webcam is working.
  • If you cannot see an image in the main display window, restart the computer, and then try again. If the problem persists, use the troubleshooting section Video does not display in your webcam software.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users