Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound not working. Unable to install drivers.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jonay90

Jonay90

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:56 PM

I would really LOVE some help!

So, my dell laptop (dell e6430) has a problem with sound. No sound coming out of the computer what so ever. It happend when i restartet my computer. It somehow uninstalled my audio drivers and i'm unable to install it back. I've been working on hours to find a fix. Please help!

I've tried the following: 

Reinstalled windows.

Tried to install Realtek sound drivers back by going into Device Manager and reinstaling it from there. It says there were issues instaling the progrem and no further instruktions.

(Note that my computer is danish and you might not be able to understand the following images.) 

I'll let you know that: "Fejl = Error" 

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,646 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:04 PM

First, the computer cannot uninstall drivers on its own. But okay, let's go beyond that. What you need to do is go to the Dell Website, enter your service tag number, and download all appropriate drivers from there and then install them. Do not install drivers from Device Manager.

#3 dhagerjohns

dhagerjohns

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:31 PM

The realtek audio drivers are here.  http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsview.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Download either the x86 or x64 as appropriate and install.  You will first need to accept terms, and click next.

Edited by dhagerjohns, 12 August 2018 - 08:32 PM.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,646 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 13 August 2018 - 06:26 AM

Laptop drivers should be downloaded ONLY from the website of the laptop manufacturer. If those drivers don't solve the problem, only then should we begin to look elsewhere.

#5 Jonay90

Jonay90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2018 - 11:42 AM

Yes hello again. I thought it was fixed at first because i've been sick for about 2 days and then i haven't touched my computer at all. Then the audio was back some how. I testet it and everything worked. 

Intil it was a bit slow and i was like: "Restarting it might help!" and so i did. And then some how the audio is gone again also saying that there are no drivers installed. I don't understand. 

But, ill try your tips and such. Working on it right now. 

ps. trust me. I forgot to mention the fact that i've tried going into dell's website and even asked dellPROS for help. @twitter. But, they told me to go download theire driver and so i did. But, for some reason. It was unable to install. 

Edited by Jonay90, 16 August 2018 - 11:44 AM.

#6 Jonay90

Jonay90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2018 - 12:19 PM

I did try the dell website but it does not work. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users