I'm having difficulty with Windows Explorer working correctly. I've been experiencing lagging issues with it for about 2 months now and I have no idea how to fix it. I can't find anything online recently with others experiencing the same issues so I'm turning to Bleeping Computer for help.
1. Icons not loading
2. Folder structure/contents take hours to load
3. Clicking/navigating is slow to respond only in windows explorer
Troubleshooting solutions I've tried:
- Removing/Reinstalling Antivirus (Bitdefender Total Security 2019).
- Reinstalling Windows 10.
- Building a new computer with a new Windows 10 install disk and using all new hardware (minus GPU).
- The issue is also starting to present itself on my work laptop (provided by my company) but it hasn't been as severe as what I've experienced on my PC which leads me to believe that it could be tied to Creative Cloud in some capacity when syncing files.
- Updated Windows
If I leave my computer on for 6 plus hours then the problems slowly go away to almost working with minimal lag but if I restart then it has to go through the process all over again. I know I should talk to adobe as that seems to be the one thing constant throughout my troubleshooting but I wanted to check here first to make sure there wasn't anything I'm missing. That and avoiding Adobe's painful troubleshooting process would be super awesome.
MB: ASRock x299 Taichi XE
GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
RAM: 64GB DDR4 (3200)
OS: Windows 10 Home x64
PSU: Corsair HX850i
SSD: 512GB M.2 Samsung 970 Pro for OS
SSD: RAID 0 - 2x 512GB M.2 Intel SSD7
SSHD: Seagate 2TB for work files
HDD: Western Digital 2TB for backup
Let me know if you need any other information about my system. Maybe I just need one of y'all to say, "Bite the bullet and talk to adobe." I'm just hoping that isn't the situation.
Thanks for any help!