Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Login Loop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CraigH

CraigH

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:02 AM

I have a client who has a Windows 2000 Pro desktop on a network. He had issues with malware. The brief history is that this desktop degraded from popups to losing the explorer.exe in task manager which running the explorer.exe in task manager brought up the desktop. I backed up all of his file except his .pst file. That file was over 1GB and couldn't use the backup method of our 750MB Zip. When I came back with a larger backup device I found that, when I logged in, Windows would start up but then go to saving settings and bringing me back to the login screen. I have gone through safe start with the same results. I am positive that the username and password is correct. In fact, I tried logging in as the Administrator but got the same results. I have done the various repairs options using the Windows Pro CD that did not produce a resolution. He is still in that loop. My question is is there any way of getting around this login loop?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:27 AM

What operations have you done so far?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users