Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Device Manager

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 What The Who

What The Who

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:40 AM

This is kind of weird.. I just downloaded Asus Update v7.06.02 and upon installing it, I got a warning box that said, "No Asus Motherboard. Installation will be aborted."

I have an A8N-Sli Premium. Am I missing something here?? I am beyond confused.

Which leads to my question.. Shouldn't my motherboard be listed somewhere in the device manager? If so, where?
"If it doesn't make sense... It's probably true."

- Arlo Guthrie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kev25v6

kev25v6

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:21 PM

Ive just replaced mine and it says what model you have on it. Turn off the power and then remove a side on your computer. It should be printed on it somewhere. Becareful not to knock anything like wires etc. Ive never seen anywhere where it tells you what motherboardyou have in device manager or otherwise.

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:32 PM

This will tell you what mother board you have, and a whole lot more:
EVEREST Home Edition v1.51
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 What The Who

What The Who
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:33 PM

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.. I know what my mother board I have, but my computer doesn't seem to know. As I said, I downloaded ASUS Update, and it told me I don't have an ASUS motherboard.

I have an A8N-SLI Premium with BIOS 1009. Why would ASUS Update not recognize this?

- Arlo Guthrie

#5 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 13 October 2006 - 05:05 AM

ASUS Updater has lots of compatibility issues. It has problems with Creative applications, Logitech drivers and so on.

I got it working by changeing
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node
to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\aWow6432Node
Remember to back-up your registry before playing around with it.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#6 What The Who

What The Who
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2006 - 04:56 AM

Mr. Alpha,

So.. Do you think my Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 sound card and Logitech mouse could be at least partly causing this?

Also, I've been having trouble with a game called Keepsake. Could you take a look at this thread and see if any of it could be caused by hardware, relative to this compatibility problem?

Your help is, as always, greatly appreciated.

What the Who

- Arlo Guthrie

#7 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 18 October 2006 - 01:07 PM

So.. Do you think my Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 sound card and Logitech mouse could be at least partly causing this?

Possibly. You can, of course, always not use ASUS Update. It isn't something you need on a daily basis.

Also, I've been having trouble with a game called Keepsake. Could you take a look at this thread and see if any of it could be caused by hardware, relative to this compatibility problem?

Doubt it, looks more like a bug in the game, or a corrupt installation. Tried patching or reinstalling?
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users