Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Casper Nirvana N310 tablet/laptop Refuses to start!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 roachietekirdag

roachietekirdag

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 09 August 2018 - 04:27 AM

Hi there,

I used this site many times previously and many years ago and hope you can help me......... I'm an Australian living in Turkey and invested in a tablet/laptop from the local manufacturer, I know.... cheap and cheerful but really good! Battery life sensational, bit flimsy but I find it suits my purposes. It is a Casper Nirvana N310, and running the latest Win 10

Last night after I'd closed the lid and it supposedly went into Sleep Mode, an hour later it refused to start again, neither by waking it with mouse or Windows key or by holding the power button down to instigate a restart..... There is nothing, nothing at all! Battery is fully charged and I've even removed Micro SD and bluetooth mouse just in case there is  some problem through them

I'm not Turkish and absolutely skint financially at the moment but just wondering if any brilliant minds here have heard of this experience or have any advice?

Please help me if you can.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 790 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:57 PM

Casper Nirvana N310 Resetting to factory settings using the keys:
  1. First of all shut down our tablet if it is clear,
  2. While our tablet is in the off position, press the Power button while holding the Fuel Up + Homebutton.
  3. Recovery Continue pressing until the screen is displayed;
  4.   After the screen comes up, we select Recovery with the Volume Down button on the pop-up screen and press the Power button
  5. When the tablet is closed and opened, select Wipe Data / Factory Reset with the Minimize button on the screen, and press (Power) .
  6. YES-Delete all user data and press the Power key,

Edited by mightywiz, 10 August 2018 - 04:01 PM.

#3 roachietekirdag

roachietekirdag
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 03:56 AM

Thank you so much for your advice. Sadly everything is still completely dead. No signs of life, no noises, lights or movement. Just completely dead. Ive tried your advice and even variations of it just in case I had it wrong.

Any other ideas please?

Attached Files

Edited by roachietekirdag, 11 August 2018 - 03:57 AM.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,998 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:55 AM

Can you remove the battery and then press the power button for 30 seconds? I'm not sure how easily it would be to remove the battery on this tablet. Some tablets have a battery reset button on the side or back of the computer. Push battery reset for approx 10 seconds then let the tablet sit for 5 minutes.

Edited by JohnC_21, 11 August 2018 - 08:00 AM.

#5 roachietekirdag

roachietekirdag
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:24 AM

Can you remove the battery and then press the power button for 30 seconds? I'm not sure how easily it would be to remove the battery on this tablet. Some tablets have a battery reset button on the side or back of the computer. Push battery reset for approx 10 seconds then let the tablet sit for 5 minutes.

Thanks again for your advice but still..... dead as a door nail lol

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,998 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:47 AM

I would return it to the place of purchase if in the warranty period. If that's not possible contact the company's customer service.

http://www.casper.com.tr/bize-ulasin

Customer service
Tel: 0 850 250 77 77 
Office Hours: 
Weekdays: 8.30-18.00

Warranty Inquiry

#7 roachietekirdag

roachietekirdag
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:38 AM

Thanks, I've missed my chance for today and therefore the weekend. Let's see what next week brings

#8 roachietekirdag

roachietekirdag
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2018 - 11:40 AM

I DID IT!!!!!!!

Found the little reset hole on he side but nothing happened. So slowly and carefully I prised the back off, found the battery connectors, unplugged it, left it and bang! It restarted!!!!

Thank you for all the advice, you've all been stars!

Craig :bananas:  :bounce:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :bananas:  :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:  :bananas:  :bananas:  :bananas:  :bananas:

#9 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,998 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:25 PM

Nice. Thanks for taking the time to post an update. This will help people with a similar problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users