Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I've buggered up... just not sure how...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 toneboi

toneboi

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:58 PM

i need some help on this one, ive been through the trouble shooting section in the motherboard user manual and im all out of ideas except for tearing it down and starting over...

I cannot get the system to power on, i have unplugged the power and reset wires, checked and replugged them in but nothing i do has helped. the only way i can get anything to happen is buy unplugging the ATX supply to the mother board and re connecting the system fans breifly begin to spin and light up but shut off again

system is:

MSI B450 motherboard

Ryzen 5 2600X

TeamForce DDR4 3000 16-18-18-38v1.35V

ADATA XPG SSD M.2 256GB

I have attached a brief video showing what i describe above. Any advice would be appreciated, its been like 7 years since i built a PC.

PS. No, i didnt forget the motherboard spacers before you ask...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 toneboi

toneboi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:15 AM

Turns out I'm just an idiot, had the power switches plugged into completely the wrong set of pins...

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 24 August 2018 - 01:24 PM

Happens to many of us :), thanks for letting us know that you have corrected your situation.

Happy computing :).

Louis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users