Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:48 PM
If you are getting disk read errors then your hard drive may be failing. You should test it first as follows to verify it is good before reinstalling Windows.
- Click on Start menu
- Type in command
- Right click on Command Prompt in list and select Run as Administrator
- Copy and Paste the command into the command window
chkdsk D:/r (change to the correct drive if needed)
/f option will attempt to fix any found errors
/r option will locate for bad sectors and recovery any readable information
/x option will force the volume you’re about to check to be dismounted before the utility begins a scan
If the following message is displayed: Choose Y
"Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)"
Please download ListChkDskResult by SleepyDude and save it to your desktop.
- Right-click on icon and select Run as Administrator to start the tool.
- A message about checking Windows Event Log will pop-up. Click OK.
- Wait patiently until a notepad window will open. This won't take long.
- The displayed logfile will be also saved to your desktop as ListChkDskResult.txt.
- Please include the content of this file in your next reply
Edited by dmccoyks, 08 August 2018 - 05:49 PM.
We are all volunteers so please by kind, courteous and respectful
I try to respond in 24-48 hours normally and I am more active on weekdays than weekends. However, sometimes due to my health, family or life it may take me a little longer. If you have not heard from me within 72 hours then please PM me a reminder.
BC BSOD Posting Instructions