Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stuck in boot loop, cant get past "restoring your previous version of windows"

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 christian456

christian456

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 07 August 2018 - 03:21 PM

I recently purchased an ABS Master-Pro ALA078 Desktop PC, running Windows 10 Home (64 Bit). I had previously had issues with drivers, such as memory pooling blue screens and such, but never to this caliber. My PC seem seems to be stuck in a sort of boot loop. I power it on, the ABS logo flashes and startup seems normal, cuts to black, then for a split second the outline of a window flashes, then a message “Restoring your previous version of windows” occupies the screen until the screen cuts to black, I get a “no signal” message from my monitor, and the process starts again. (video on link bellow) I have tried nearly everything with my windows bootable media USB, and I have documented my trials and errors on this public Google doc- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xe4073GTBPMokuS0GwrXf3jlurARwc32IVDb8nvVMZ4/edit?usp=sharing

I have had no luck whatsoever with almost every option imaginable. I'm not even sure how to do a clean reinstall of windows if that's the case. If anyone- anyone at all can help It would mean the absolute world. I just really want my computer back. Thank you so much if you can be any help at all!

ps. I obviously cant install any software on said computer like speccy, since I am literally unable to get into my PC

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 07 August 2018 - 03:54 PM

Is THIS your system?

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 07 August 2018 - 03:55 PM.

#3 christian456

christian456
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2018 - 04:50 PM

Is THIS your system?

Louis

Yes it is!

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,823 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2018 - 05:17 PM

If this computer is within the warranty period I would consider returning it to newegg. 

Otherwise if you do not need any data off the computer you can do a clean install per the BC clean install guide in this forum. If you still get issues after a clean install then I would definitely return it.

#5 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 926 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 07 August 2018 - 07:03 PM

Hi, to add to what John said you really need to RTM this unit, the more you play with it, the greater the likelihood that you may void your warranty. You don't deserve to have a new unit play up.

#6 christian456

christian456
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2018 - 04:35 PM

My 1 month warranty has already expired, I suppose im in this too deep now. 

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,823 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2018 - 04:58 PM

Did you buy it used? Newegg shows the warranty to be one year. One month is not a normal warranty period for a new computer.

I would contact the company ABS and explain the problems you are having. 

http://www.abs.com/Contact%20Us

Edited by JohnC_21, 08 August 2018 - 05:00 PM.

#8 christian456

christian456
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:09 PM

Did you buy it used? Newegg shows the warranty to be one year. One month is not a normal warranty period for a new computer.

I would contact the company ABS and explain the problems you are having. 

http://www.abs.com/Contact%20Us

I read that I had a 30 day return policy, but there is a warranty ( 1 Year) on parts and labor. Not too sure what that means for me. Thank you so much for that link! I appreciate that and your help! :) 

#9 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,823 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:12 PM

You're welcome. I would make a list of all the things that have happened and when they happened before contacting the company. Hopefully they ship you a new computer. 

If you have the time post an update. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users