Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Savinganimals

Savinganimals

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 07 August 2018 - 11:14 AM

Hi Everyone, 

Savinganimals here...literally! I am hoping this forum will be helpful as I run a veterinary clinic and that includes being "IT support." I am self taught on most topics and please forgive me for not knowing proper names/terms. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,894 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 07 August 2018 - 11:20 AM

Welcome!

As far as not knowing the proper names/terms, that's how we all start out.  If and when you have issues it would be a great help to have a relatively precise description of what's happening (or not happening that you think should be happening when you take a certain action) including the full text of any error messages you receive.  The key to solving a problem is for the assistant to have some reasonable idea of what it is.

Posts titled "Help!!" with no real content are not helpful to anyone.  Posts with titles that relate to what's wrong, with a non-technician's description of what's going on are worth their weight in gold.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

#3 Frank-J

Frank-J

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 07 August 2018 - 11:21 AM

Welcome aboard! No worries about not being versed in terminology, that takes a whole lot of time. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users