Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very happy with this Spring Update version.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dan50

Dan50

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 06 August 2018 - 09:16 PM

Last time I tried Windows 10 was when they were having everyone upgrade, that version even with a clean install froze ALL the time, randomly it was annoying and I went back to 8.1 after a few months, it has been a bit over a year since then and I decided to give 10 another go, glad to say I am happy with this newest version and no freezes so far.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 skuddle

skuddle

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 10 August 2018 - 10:48 AM

What version of Windows 10 was your update?

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,005 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 10:58 AM

What version of Windows 10 was your update?

Since he said "Spring Update" that means it has to be Version 1803, and at whatever build (17134) and build dot numbers were in place at the time of its installation.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#4 Willabong

Willabong

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 16 September 2018 - 06:16 AM

It's not often that anyone posts positively about their Windows 10 experience, so it is refreshing to hear! People in general will only post negative things to illustrate problems they are having.

I have 3 Windows 10 computers that had clean installs very early on in the free upgrade path, and apart from 1 or 2 minor glitches that were fixed very quickly I have had no problems!

We always hear about the relatively few who have issues, but almost never about the multi millions who rarely if ever have problems, so I thank you for helping to redress the balance :bananas:  

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,005 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:54 AM

It's not often that anyone posts positively about their Windows 10 experience, so it is refreshing to hear! People in general will only post negative things to illustrate problems they are having.

'Tis the nature of "help forums" of virtually any type.  I participate on several automobile related forums as well, and "trouble talk" predominates.  

I have, for years, tried to get people to understand that venues people turn to when they have problems are not, in any way, able to be used as a metric regarding either the incidence or prevalence of those problems.  The sample is grossly skewed, and that's OK because we're here to help in solving those problems.  My analogy on the car forums is, "If you believed what you read here were characteristic of automobiles in general they would not be wildly popular around the world."

But, as you say, the vast majority of users are happily humming along with Windows 10.  The 5 machines in my household have had almost no "burps" with Windows 10 since 3 of them were upgraded to it and the other 2 purchased with it as the OEM OS.  It took me a while to warm up to it, and particularly the flat-look UI (which I still do not prefer to the old Aero UI), but I now like Windows 10 better than any of the versions of Windows leading up to it (and I've been in "this biz" since Windows 3.1).

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#6 Willabong

Willabong

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 22 September 2018 - 05:29 AM

Quote by Brian:  (" I now like Windows 10 better than any of the versions of Windows leading up to it.")

I can relate to what you say 100%, I to have worked with computers since the Amstrad CPC days, and with Windows since 3.1, I also own an iMAC.

My experience with Windows mirrors yours to some extent, and I also prefer Windows 10 to any previous version, though it took me a while to adjust to the desktop/start menu etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users