Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB-C Ports in New PC Build?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 F1Help

F1Help

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 06 August 2018 - 02:42 PM

Hi,

I am considering getting a new PC soon (built at my local PC shop).  Regarding USB ports, I would like 2 ports on the front and 6 or 8 ports on the back.  This would include a mixture of USB 3 and USB 2 ports.

However, I'm also aware that there is the new USB-C standard.  Is it good to have USB-C ports included as well?  If so, how many should be included on the front/back?  What is typical of most modern average motherboards?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 06 August 2018 - 02:57 PM

I like USB C but most desktop computer cases include either 1 or 0 and most motherboards include 1 or 0. USB C is a very futureproof port. In the future more devices will connect to it. You can also get expansion cards to add USB C ports.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 F1Help

F1Help
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:51 AM

Thanks - I will try and get a motherboard/case with 1 USB-C port.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users