Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to delete duplicate posts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dnparsons

dnparsons

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 06 August 2018 - 09:42 AM

Sorry... I thought my browser had frozen and accidentally posted 2 duplicate entries in the Malware Removal forum. Is there a way I can remove the 2 duplicates and leave the original?

Edited by dnparsons, 06 August 2018 - 09:42 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,008 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2018 - 09:53 AM

No, there is not a way that the end user can do this once a post has "gone live."

You are not, however, the first person who's posted a duplicate or duplicates because of the appearance of one or more attempts not posting that were "caught in the machine" and eventually showed up.

You need not do so in this case, as I am about to take care of it based upon your message here if someone else has not already, but it is perfectly OK to use the Report function to report your own duplicate posts.  You can just give "duplicate" or "accidental duplicate" as the reason.  We'll check to see which, if any, have replies and either nuke those that don't, leaving one, or merging if necessary so that only one topic with all replies exists.

Thanks very much for your concern about this, though.  In the future, should this occur again, just use the Report link at the bottom right side of the messages you wish to report as duplicates (and that can include ones not your own if you happen to encounter duplicates).

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#3 dnparsons

dnparsons
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2018 - 10:19 AM

Thank you for taking care of this. I'll try to have more patience in the future and use the Report button if my OCD gets the better of me.  :blush:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users